PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pop up ads :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop up ads :(

Over the past few days, every time I launch the "PokerSchool Online" page, I get a lot of pop up ads. Only on that page. What is the cause of this.

PLEASE HELP

*Moved to more appropriate forum* - Fadyen

Hi Vball,

Pop-ups are a real nuisance and can be caused by a wide variety of reasons. Please be assured these pop-ups are nothing to do with PokerSchoolOnline as we'd hate anyone having to put up with such things. The main causes of pop-ups tend to be the presence of adware/spyware or tracking cookies that send info to third-party advertisers. The only thing I can suggest is to check all your settings to do with pop-up blockers and be sure to run scans if you have anti-virus software on your computer.

Hope you get the problem resolved!

Chris

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks Chris. I did a computer overhaul, scan, and clean. Got rid of the pop ups. Now I just get google chrome crashing all of the time. hahahhaha. First world problems.hahhaha

Thanks for your response

Comment

This site's been crashing all day for me too, and i use Google Chrome too - there's either a little green padlock or a yellow triangle that's been showing in the address bar too ... have never seen that before?

Comment

So this morning I clicked on the green padlock in Chrome and up popped a link, so I clicked on, "What does this mean?" and got this:

The site crashed a couple of times on my iPad too (safari) yesterday, but so far it seems okay this morning with both browsers ...

Comment

Oh edit, you know when it changes to the little yellow triangle, is when I make a post ... and then sometimes it crashes and I get an error page.

Just surfing pages, it seems okay ...

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.