PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August Big Bang $5,000 GTD - Questions and Rail Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • August Big Bang $5,000 GTD - Questions and Rail Thread

    i qualified with three consecutive games finishing in the top 400 in the PSO July, it is now August and i have no ticket, nor seat in this months Big Bang, i would like to find an explanation for this, thanks

    2014-07-10 09:00(ET) 10000 292
    2014-07-10 05:00(ET) 7923 390
    2014-07-10 01:00(ET) 5546 373

  • #2
    Originally posted by SolarWatcher View Post
    i qualified with three consecutive games finishing in the top 400 in the PSO July, it is now August and i have no ticket, nor seat in this months Big Bang, i would like to find an explanation for this, thanks 2014-07-10 09:00(ET) 10000 292 2014-07-10 05:00(ET) 7923 390 2014-07-10 01:00(ET) 5546 373
    Hey SolarWatcher, No need to worry, the seating will be done on Friday at the latest You will be automatically seated by Poker School so you don't need to do anything Just show up on Saturday and play to win! Raiser umbup:
    Moderator

    Bracelet Winner


    Comment


    • #3
      By the way, the PSO Team will be virtually railing this tournament on Twitter using the hashtag #BigBang Join in the fun! Raiser umbup:
      Moderator

      Bracelet Winner


      Comment


      • #4
        i have a ticket for this, but what time does the game start please.
        dont want to miss start as have other things on saturdays.

        cheers tony

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by anti5ive View Post
          i have a ticket for this, but what time does the game start please. dont want to miss start as have other things on saturdays. cheers tony
          Hey Tony, It's at 13:00 ET (6pm UK time) Good luck! Raiser umbup:
          Moderator

          Bracelet Winner


          Comment


          • #6
            thanks RR, just have to make sure stars is fired up

            Comment


            • #7
              Best of luck to all PSO members who will be playing in the 'Big Bang $5,000' today, run good! Don't forget we will be railing this tournament on Twitter using the hashtag #BigBang so if you're a tweeter join in the fun! Good luck to all! Raiser umbup:
              Moderator

              Bracelet Winner


              Comment


              • #8
                Congrats to PSO member 'shoim' from Romania, winner of tonight's #BigBang for a nice cash of $1,129! Raiser umbup:
                Moderator

                Bracelet Winner


                Comment


                • #9
                  Congrats shoim, great job umbup: The obvious suggestion to stop over half the field sitting out is to issue tickets for the Big Bang so players have to register themselves.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Profess Awe View Post
                    The obvious suggestion to stop over half the field sitting out is to issue tickets for the Big Bang so players have to register themselves.
                    Unfortunately this isn't an option. We need to remember that PokerStars award an $11 value seat to every player in the Big Bang which in turn makes up the prize pool. If we allowed players to register then they would have to be allowed to unregister and many of them would to 'cash-in' on the T$11 tourney dollars. This in turn would mean a very small field for the Main Event which would be a real shame. At least 'shoim' thought it was worthwhile playing the event last night and he's $1,200 richer today as a result, good job 'shoim'! Raiser umbup:
                    Moderator

                    Bracelet Winner


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      So sick of playing poker due to "variance" or opponents! and losing in every single spot as the player pool increases Friday evening. Just like my experiences this morning in fact - why do I even play weekends. Saturday I didn't even switch on my computer. Completely forgot about my free ticket and being registered in the #BigBang. So guilty of sitting out and totally unaware. Anyway congrats to 'shoim' hopefully it was a good game despite the no shows. umbup:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Wow, congrats shoim on the *Big* win! Didn't realize the top prize was 1/5 the prize pool - is that normal?


                        Some nice prizes up top with tourneys - wish I could get more of a handle on how to manage the different stack sizes and stuff ... I kept getting tickets last year during the Time Vault promo, back when they were being awarded for posting in the forum as well, and only managed to cash once in about like, 6 tries? lol

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by royalraise85 View Post
                          We need to remember that PokerStars award an $11 value seat to every player in the Big Bang which in turn makes up the prize pool. If we allowed players to register then they would have to be allowed to unregister and many of them would to 'cash-in' on the T$11 tourney dollars. This in turn would mean a very small field for the Main Event which would be a real shame. umbup:
                          Originally posted by TrustySam View Post
                          Didn't realize the top prize was 1/5 the prize pool - is that normal? I kept getting tickets last year during the Time Vault promo, back when they were being awarded for posting in the forum as well, and only managed to cash once in about like, 6 tries? lol
                          Oops ignore that suggestion then, I like all these players who sit out and their $10 they are adding honest Sam, 1/5 for top spot and 1/6 for cashing sound normal to me umbup:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Profess Awe View Post
                            Congrats shoim, great job umbup: The obvious suggestion to stop over half the field sitting out is to issue tickets for the Big Bang so players have to register themselves.
                            I am one of the players who is guilty of sitting this one out. i would have played if I could, but it was my daughters End of year ball torniment so no contest. Hope my free chips did not ruin too many people fun in the game I hope I can play next one. Grade b
                            I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

                            13 Time Bracelet Winner


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Cards-up final table review of the August Big Bang with thanks to CannonLee for the commentary.
                              Raiser umbup:
                              Moderator

                              Bracelet Winner


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.