PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

many problems please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• many problems please help

2 months ago IE9 always worked for live trianing perfectly

computers had avirus but was ok other day in training

now umm IE9 has sound and chat box but no graphics

MY MAIN QUESTION IS HOW DO I TURN THE SOUND OFF ON IE9 so ijust have chat

cos mozillafirefox sucks

but google chrome has picuture and sound but no chatbox

its like 2 big mainly black windows 1 covering the other..wel the chat part

hope someone can help

Hi rolo!

For me, if the trainer is using the new training tool... I cannot use IE, as it doesn't work. I have to use firefox.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

ty John firefox didnt work

chrome=good sound and picture no chat

ive updated my umm adobe shockwave flashplayer

hope it works next time

2 months ago any browser seemedfine...well ishoudlnt make syccha bold statement a si only ever used IE9 ad 99.99% worked perfect

but now umm few week sago had to use just google chrome to get it perfect...IE9 and mozilla firefox no good

im on vista home

hoping next time it works better fo rme must remember to use chrome

i think Felix dc twice well that swhat chrome showe dme but when he came back asking is he ehre i coudlnt type

righttttta at the end i came back into IE to use chat(no pic)

but if i have 2 browsers open sound echoes bad

wish i cud switch sound off on IE...so have 2 browers open

chrome for just sound and pic

and IE for just chat

few week sback though chrome did everything

really ope updt ehelped me as it spoild it.....computer acting up makes me lose concentration on th etrianing

Comment

i had same problem a couple of weeks ago when chewme1 was doing session, overlapping screens very small part to chat, but no chat box. he said he was using new training tool, i was using firefox, didnt try IE or chrome.
        all other sessions ive been to since have been fine, but i dont know if any were using new training tool.

ps: checked all adobe programmes were up to date.

Comment

yeah anti thatswhat i had exactly same

and when i opened both browsers 1 for pic and sound other for chat cos of delay heard 2 voices one just after the over drove me nutzzz lol

so had to have pic and sound so didnt bother with the chat

I actually like it without the chat part......but if trainer or anyone or a friend starts chatting to you they get pissed at you if they think your ignoringthem

the new tool shouldwork on any brower or at least 1

i may have to get safari browser next lol.dunno anymore

Comment

The trainers can't provide technical support, you probably need to email support@mypokerschoolonline for help.

I can tell you I have watched sessions that are live streamed with the new training tool in both firefox and chrome, with both working fine. One time I experienced the no chat box you guys report, I tried refreshing my browser and it worked then. I have not tried IE because I don't use IE for anything but every user report I've heard is that the live stream display doesn't work in IE.
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

FWIW I bounced this off the head guy in charge of this project via skype, if it might help here's what he said re: IE

my immediate thinking is that either their IE or Flash version is not the latest one. But I will check back if it's a general issue or not ... but I can't imagine it is. Most of the time it's because of an old IE version.
              I am sure John has the latest IE version and up to date flash, and I know he had the problem with IE not working, so who knows. Just passing this along, good to check if you use IE regardless.
              Head Live Trainer
              Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**
                Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

thank you Dave

Iwont jump the gun i will wai tuntl the next session and hopefully all be ok

if problems persist wil email them

I used to hav eno promlems before tis strange

i must run malwareantibytes malware tool to get rid of some nastys maybe

thanks again i appricate you pointing me in the right direction

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
                    FWIW I bounced this off the head guy in charge of this project via skype, if it might help here's what he said re: IE

I am sure John has the latest IE version and up to date flash, and I know he had the problem with IE not working, so who knows. Just passing this along, good to check if you use IE regardless.
                    as i said i use firefox never use IE and same as you it was only the one time, and chewme1 did say he was using the new training tool, but it has not happened since.
                    all i can think is my pc updated after that session thats why no probs since.

ps: my reply was to rolo(as i had, had the same prob) and not criticism of anyone.

Comment

chrome only worked for pic an dsound now and here is how it looked after pressing 4x

tomak eit easier although i know your not stupid......

first red box is th etiny box i can now see to type in not ideal but it works

2nd smaller issue [showed by blue rectangle] is the 2 big black windows overlap so i miss the first 6 lines of typing not a bigdeal really

Comment

rolo, by chance do you have your browser set to zoom the screen or increase font or display size from normal?

It seems your browser is magnifying the live stream, that's not normal and no one else has reported this effect.

The screen shot is helpful, hope this makes sense to you.
                        Head Live Trainer
                        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

rolo, by chance do you have your browser set to zoom the screen or increase font or display size from normal?

It seems your browser is magnifying the live stream, that's not normal and no one else has reported this effect.

The screen shot is helpful, hope this makes sense to you.
                          Edit: That's exactly what's happening. I just tested it and got the same effect. For LT you will need to unzoom your browser setting back down to 100%. After class you can enlarge it again.
                          Head Live Trainer
                          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Edit: That's exactly what's happening. I just tested it and got the same effect. For LT you will need to unzoom your browser setting back down to 100%. After class you can enlarge it again.
                            Just what I was going to say. Using Chrome zoom 100% and on an old monitor 1024x768 pixels is perfect and I can get 2 x chat full screen. So it works ok.

The main problem I have is my computer can't cope with how cpu intensive the live embedded stream is in the browser page. It's so slow to type in chat and virtually impossible to use the client at the same time.

I played in Dave's training home game last Saturday but couldn't attend class. Knowing my computer would grind to halt playing a couple of tables on the client and attend training at the same time.

Or was it Sunday
                            Last edited by ForrestFive; Thu Jul 31, 2014, 06:22 AM. Reason: last weeked

Comment

Originally posted by ForrestFive View Post
                              Just what I was going to say. Using Chrome zoom 100% and on an old monitor 1024x768 pixels is perfect and I can get 2 x chat full screen. So it works ok.

The main problem I have is my computer can't cope with how cpu intensive the live embedded stream is in the browser page. It's so slow to type in chat and virtually impossible to use the client at the same time.

I played in Dave's training home game last Saturday but couldn't attend class. Knowing my computer would grind to halt playing a couple of tables on the client and attend training at the same time.

Or was it Sunday
                              I didn't use the live streaming tool for the Sunday Special Home Games, I was using the old training tool.

Tonight was my first class run via live streaming. It was kind of fun having a slide presentation that instead of just showing jpgs like the old way of theory class presentation, being able to prepare an actual slide show with transitions and animations and live streaming it.
                              Head Live Trainer
                              Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.