PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's a thought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Here's a thought

    I did send it to Idea at PSO, but just wanted to see owe members that do play the Leagues think about the idea

    Here's an idea that would make this school stand out to all other schools

    Both the Open and Premiere Leagues are good, but not great. This is a school and in school you learn about different subjects. PSO would stand alone if they were to teach every aspect of poker.

    Why don't you set up 6 different games in the Open League and 8 in the Premier League?

    In the Open League have the following games and rotate them so that every day the games play at different hours.

    - No Limit Hold'em
    - PL Omaha
    - PL Omaha H/L
    - Horse
    - Stud
    - Stud H/L

    In the Premier, same strategy, but 8 games over 2 days and rotate every 2 days

    - No Limit Hold'em
    - PL Omaha
    - PL Omaha H/L
    - Horse
    - Stud
    - Stud H/L
    - Razz
    - Badugi

    - By doing this, you would be the only school that not only promotes, but teaches the different poker games. Players would be able to find what games they are good at, since we all know that one can not be good at all the games.
    - This would also increase the traffic to the forum and more specifically, to the Live Training with more material being taught.
    - This would also increase the number of participants to the series every month
    - The only negative (but not really), it would weed out the players who are not interested or don't care about certain games and the Leagues

  • #2
    Now this would be greatumbup: Cheers
    Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

    7 Time Bracelet Winner


    Comment


    • #3
      I don't really like the idea tbh.. I don't think you have thought it through properly, you said not everyone can be good at all types of poker so it would favour people who are better at more of the different variants. And not allow someone who was exceptional at one variant but not in others.. to shine

      as for using the league in that way for players to discover what games they are good at.. well isn't that what the school itself is for.. and the league more of a platform to express and prove the worth of what they have learned?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by stix144 View Post
        I don't really like the idea tbh.. I don't think you have thought it through properly, you said not everyone can be good at all types of poker so it would favour people who are better at more of the different variants. And not allow someone who was exceptional at one variant but not in others.. to shine

        as for using the league in that way for players to discover what games they are good at.. well isn't that what the school itself is for.. and the league more of a platform to express and prove the worth of what they have learned?
        nice post man sweetone!!!


        TTY

        Comment


        • #5
          Here's a thought

          Great idea, I have wondered the same thing myself as I love my holdem tournaments but for cash games I'm a stud player, I love it. Certainly would be at all trainings for that game and would sure peak my interest back in the pso. As it is now its long lost my interest and many peoples that used to compete and play.

          I really think its about time someone said this Stixx , Ashley etc, if you have nothing positive to add to someones suggestion why stick your nose in, I have been noticing for a long time now, actually since you got those Walmart wanna be vests that many many of your posts are self centered or have a hint of my way or the highway aroma. Step back and get rid of the me attitude and use we instead.

          Now you have something else to answer.
          Last edited by CHILLI 2 U; Wed Feb 26, 2014, 06:24 PM.
          2012 Double Bracelet Winner

          Bracelet Winner

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CHILLI 2 U View Post
            Great idea, I have wondered the same thing myself as I love my holdem tournaments but for cash games I'm a stud player, I love it. Certainly would be at all trainings for that game and would sure peak my interest back in the pso. As it is now its long lost my interest and many peoples that used to compete and play.

            I really think its about time someone said this Stixx , Ashley etc, if you have nothing positive to add to someones suggestion why stick your nose in, I have been noticing for a long time now, actually since you got those Walmart wanna be vests that many many of your posts are self centered or have a hint of my way or the highway aroma. Step back and get rid of the me attitude and use we instead.

            Now you have something else to answer.
            as you pointed out to me directly in a home game not so long back.. you always think sandtrap is right (your words) that's your choice I am entitled to mine too!

            if I want to make a constructive comment I will, a constructive comment does not however need to be in agreement with something.. there are many things I have replied to which I do agree with and I have responded constructively to those too. perhaps you missed them but if you did that is not for me to lose any sleep over.
            I might have missed the bit in the rules that says I have to agree with everything certain members say.. I will go and check now to see if I did.. Thanks

            respect chilli.. glad you brought that up.. its something a lot of people around here could do with learning about before they send abusive pms or use disgraceful derogatory language in home games. You might know some of those people . be sure to point that picture out to them wont you

            Comment


            • #7
              personally i just think you are really appealing to such a niche market that i am not sure it is worth it... I am a omaha hi low player... and when i can i play all stakes of horse and cash too (though i would like a 55 dollar horse on stars for some value). i just think to get someone to teach one of these games.. provide videos.. live trainings etc.. its just too niche of a market and you are not appealing to many. For one.. if a player wants to learn any of those variants.. you can't really teach tournements cause its near impossible to be profitable at those tourneys unless you get lucky with a big score. sites dont offer enough tournements to provide legitimate value... and cash games for those variants.. are also littered with regulars that you are throwing a mouse into a snake pit essentially. Also this isn't negativity as someone might think This is called analyzing and criticizing the post. sorry i am not going to sit here and go "Oh look thats a superb idea!!!" when i know its not. its a public forum to provide opinions.. maybe next time we will watch someone post an idea that isn't that good and just leave it? or do you want criticism to help that person for next time maybe come up with a better idea? seems an easy thought/idea to me umbup: maybe not to someone elseee...... umbup: edit i was doing the thumbsup to chili to point out how wrong he was in telling people to keep quiet, also niche incase you were wondering chili just means a small market size thought i would explain that.
              Last edited by MasterOfPoo8; Wed Feb 26, 2014, 06:41 PM. Reason: someone else posted

              Comment


              • #8
                The only time I play the games mentioned above by sand is in the PSO home games. Great games in the learning and cant see why not in the open and prem. umbup:umbup:umbup: gl all HAPPY
                Bracelet Winner


                Comment


                • #9
                  I doubt the majority of people in the open know how to play NLHE never mind the other games.

                  Might be worth thinking about for the premier but I tend to agree with masterofpoo8 (Never thought that was a statement I would ever make, bless the internet) that most of those games are niche games in the current market.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I like the idea why not us the Open and Premier league as a way to introduce people to the new games, A bit like FTP game of the week.

                    Grade b
                    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

                    13 Time Bracelet Winner


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
                      I doubt the majority of people in the open know how to play NLHE never mind the other games.

                      Might be worth thinking about for the premier but I tend to agree with masterofpoo8 (Never thought that was a statement I would ever make, bless the internet) that most of those games are niche games in the current market.

                      im mainly quoting this for the lulz

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I personally don't think its a good idea, there are several games on that list that I have no desire to either play or learn how to play (I know I am not the only person who has the same view) If they were a mandatory part of the league schedule the only thing that would serve would be to give other players (who are experienced in the other games) an unfair advantage.

                        No Limit Holdem is a "standard" game played by, I would guess, at least 95% if not higher of poker players, where as the other games have a much lower % of players who make them their game of choice.

                        Mastering the intricacies of Hold 'em is a monumental task in itself, adding other games to the "must learn to play" list if you want to participate in the league kind of defeats the purpose.

                        Another option would be to set up separate leaderboard tourneys for the other games so that people can make their own choice as to what leaderboard they want to play in without it being forced on them, though I can't see that happening due to the amount of work that would be involved.

                        Just my humble and respectful opinion

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by auntyrae View Post
                          I personally don't think its a good idea, there are several games on that list that I have no desire to either play or learn how to play (I know I am not the only person who has the same view) If they were a mandatory part of the league schedule the only thing that would serve would be to give other players (who are experienced in the other games) an unfair advantage.

                          I feel this way about NLHE. I wish the PSO home games where not so heavy with NLHE but I do understand why it is.

                          Grade b
                          I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

                          13 Time Bracelet Winner


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm not sure there's a gap in the market for this, because - for newcomers to non-Holdem games - daily astronomer freerolls already exist. I'm pretty sure that Roslyn (among others) has made more money from astronomer freerolls (and weekly Round 2 tourneys) than league games. In short, if you want to learn Razz or Stud or O8, look in the lobby. The games are already there!
                            Bracelet Winner

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Lets stay on topic please.

                              Brian
                              Super-Moderator

                              7 Time Bracelet Winner



                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.