PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buy play money chips - is it a new PS joke? :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy play money chips - is it a new PS joke? :)

Just was testing my new HUD configuration on play money tables and got this message which made me

Is it New Year PS joke or I've missed something while do not needed to reload chips for about 1 year there

Play money tables was perfect for fresh Fish Tracker X HUD testing

most popular: 7.5M for $24.99

Comment

Originally posted by aspok123 View Post
      Is it New Year PS joke or I've missed something while do not needed to reload chips for about 1 year there
      Hey aspok123, It's definitely not a joke, PokerStars players have had the ability to purchase additional play money chips for some time now More information here: Raiser umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by aspok123 View Post
        Just was testing my new HUD configuration on play money tables and got this message which made me

Play money tables was perfect for fresh Fish Tracker X HUD testing
        I think it is because they have clamped down on the sale of and limited transfers of play money chips between players. Lots of reasons they might have done this, One significant one might be to prevent loop-holing the black Friday restrictions in US??
        Last edited by stix144; Thu Feb 06, 2014, 05:29 PM.

Comment

There are many reasons they may have done this but only the executives at PokerStars really know what they are. I would venture it has a lot to do with their ability to operate profitably in certain markets and to go hand in hand with the launch of the new Facebook app. However this is mere speculation in my part.

Please do remember though that nobody is forced to buy these play chips and can still play for free as before. Once a player has gone bust with their play money bankroll they can, as always, reload for 1000 chips. This has not changed. For more info on reloading play money please see here.

Cheers,

Chris

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

I have a friend that bought £50 worth of Zynga Poker Chips because he didn't want to go down the road of "real" money on other sites. In a way I can understand him, although his logic is wrong. Pokerstars have launched a Facebook App on a similar business model to Zynga.
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

I saw PS team or online pro... palying play money just with a few milions at the table
              Ok, it looks like you can buy nothing on PS and you have to pay for it, while it is always better challenge win 1M on play money tables
              Maybe those play money chips are used as chips but winner of this game takes real moneys and PS software is only a poker dealer

BTE: Forgot loose all my play money -then it is possible reload or something like this

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.