PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Membership ???why not???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership ???why not???

Lightbulb moment here, I have been looking at Full Tilt and its painfull slow recovery. I also know there are legal ways for US players to play, as well as the rest of us together again. Why has POKERSTARS not set up subscription memberships on Full Tilt until such time as the US government decides to take the blinders off. And then switch it over when things change. Just a thought.Even use Pokerstars.net for subscriptions.
    Last edited by CHILLI 2 U; Sun Jan 26, 2014, 11:55 PM.
    2012 Double Bracelet Winner

Bracelet Winner

Hi CHILLI, I really like the idea of Full tilt becoming a subscription based site, I'd suggest emailing ideas@pokerstars.com about this! Also, PSO members, it would be nice to hear your input about this topic, feel free to make a post. Best regards, CannonLeeumbup:

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but just what is a 'subscription site' ?

Is it what it sounds like, and can only be played on if you pay a subscription fee ?

Or, is it something else ?

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

sounds like it might be ok

not sure how it works ...
        Last edited by megg23; Tue Jan 28, 2014, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Lightbulb moment here, I have been looking at Full Tilt and its painfull slow recovery. I also know there are legal ways for US players to play, as well as the rest of us together again. Why has POKERSTARS not set up subscription memberships on Full Tilt until such time as the US government decides to take the blinders off. And then switch it over when things change. Just a thought.Even use Pokerstars.net for subscriptions.

Of course there is a fee, usually 20-30 dollars a month but you play as much as you want. And they are NOT classified poker sites by the US government.
          I would like to keep this thread open for feedback on what you think of having a membership site, you can find all the details on the net as to the different types etc. Thanks it was just a thought.
          Last edited by CHILLI 2 U; Mon Jan 27, 2014, 12:42 AM.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by CHILLI 2 U View Post

Of course there is a fee, usually 20-30 dollars a month but you play as much as you want. And they are NOT classified poker sites by the US government.
            I would like to keep this thread open for feedback on what you think of having a membership site, you can find all the details on the net as to the different types etc. Thanks it was just a thought.

Would we all have to pay a subscription? Would that mean no rake?

I think they get enough money without paying subscription fees on top of rake.

Comment

This will never happen because if American's have to pay subs then the rest of us would have to for it to be legal. Also if they made us subscribe then there is no way they could make us pay rake as well. it would cause absolute chaos.. micro players would leave because it would be too expensive and attracting new players to the game would be difficult. Also if PS made us subscribe and threw out rake they'd be way worse off. Annual subs would be small in comparison to annual rake. Pokerstars aren't stupid.. They do all they can to make the most profit. rake is monstrous, the amount they get per day is just sick through rake. Its not happening.

Comment

Membership ???why not???

I can see you don't understand. A membership site is SEPERATE from a regular site, there is no rake, there is not a have to, join or don't , go look at some on the net. It just gives Americans a place to legally play and those of us who want to play on a membership site with them. I play with both types of sites now , and yes with my friends. Its simply a way for Americans to play, a site like Full Tilt with its meager 20k peoples can be used more efficiently. Good grief its amazing when someone has a simple idea and expresses it, how many can shoot arrows at them by those with no idea.
                Last edited by CHILLI 2 U; Mon Jan 27, 2014, 04:40 AM.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

I think your idea is a creative one and I hope something will come out of it. Good for you, to be thinking outside of the box. Great Idea.umbup:

Comment

this ain't an attack and personally i d love the Americans to return as the prizepoools would be even sicker + i had usa friends in my homegame club.

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.