PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heeelp! Hacker!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heeelp! Hacker!

Hi, i need help here. Somebody took control of my account, ive already emailed ps but have no answers, what can i do?

as far as i know u have to email stars to log them out, then id change passwords, but use complex passwords

Comment

Thanks... have u heard of cases like this?

Comment

i couldnt log in as i was getting msg saying i was logged in still but i wasnt, they said i wasnt logged off properly, but have read cases of hacking to gain poker edge, but not into someones account, not sure of the point as funds are not transfered instantly, so not sure of the point.....

Comment

Now youve heard one... it happend to me just now. I was stolen 600$ aprox, take care of your account!, use safe passwords, and dont let anyone know your password.

Comment

yer dont tell know one your password, however hackers use rainbow tables, as long as they know your username they can break the password, when creating a password u need to use more than 8 characters have one capital letter, have numbers letters and characters, and should change your password monthly at least, http://www.howsecureismypassword.net/
            tells u how long it takes to break your password

Comment

Thank you bonez!

Comment

Heeelp! Hacker! /

Yes accounts can be hacked , yes on Pokerstars. But if you have this happen and it is legitimate Pokerstars can track movement of money etc. When dealing with Pokerstars security YOU ARE NOT DEALING WITH STUPID. It is not in their best interests to have any accounts used by anyone other than the owner. Notify security and they will deal with it, you arent the first to have an account broken in to and wont be the last Im sure. BTW if your computer gets hung when shutting down you will also get that message and Stars can log you out , had that happen a couple of times over the years. Was just a glitch and taken care of immediately.
                2012 Double Bracelet Winner

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thank you chilli , ive already emailed. I hope they track the responsable so he can not steal another player.

Comment

Hi so sorry to hear this hope you get it sorted

I wont ask any questions here as it may help the scammers

Comment

You could also add a pin number to your account, this also make it harder to hack. Pin numbers are entered on a random number pad, so there is no pattern to track. HTH.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

*Moved to more appropriate forum* - Fadyen

Hi Guido-bomb,

Sorry to hear about your problem. I trust the PokerStars support team will do everything in their power to help you out and try to resolve the issue.

As joy suggested it is possible to increase your account security by adding a PIN to your account. All the information you need on how to do so can be found here.
                        Alternatively you can order an RSA Security Token from the VIP Store. More information on that can be found here.

Cheers,

Chris

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ty all for the help. I have now my account back, but the money is gone. It was a very expensive lesson on how to take care of your money.

Comment

Wow, very scary to hear your account got hacked!! Makes me wonder if maybe I should spend the 3000fpps in my account on one of those RSA tokens instead of a gift certificate at amazon.ca, even though I've already spent the gift-certificate in my mind It's not like I've got a ton of $ in my account or anything, but still ... What to do ... Glad to hear you got your account restored, Guido - that must be a relief umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by Fadyen View Post
                              As joy suggested it is possible to increase your account security by adding a PIN to your account. All the information you need on how to do so can be found here.
                              Okay, I *read* the messages from Joy and Fadyen before, but apparently they took some time to sink in Adding a pin sounds like it ought to be enough to make a difference - just went and signed up for one ... the price sure can't be beat It's always a bit of a drag to have to do an extra step of typing, but better safe than sorry I think, so it feels like it'll be worth the effort umbup:

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.