PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems loading pso website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems loading pso website

Ever since yesterday evening I have been having problems connecting to the PSO Website, I get access and after manouvering around the site a little bit I get the standard error message saying the website has timed out.

At one point I got the message saying the website was temporarily unavailable and to try again

Now this is happening again today.

I've checked my computer, rebooted, done whatever I can so I just want to see if there is a problem.

I can access every other site I go to including PS

I get this a lot too.

When this happens to me I sometimes check connection from another IP number and find that the site is absolutely ok, so now I think this is a bug the PSO website's session handling.

Changing browser or clearing cookies is not sufficient.

Would like to see this fixed.

Comment

another data item:

I have a habit of scanning the "Last Posts" topic list and right-clicking (opening in another tab) on
      the threads I want to read. Sometimes I click on many in quick succession and as the website is slow, a previous one may still be in the process of being fetched when I click on the next.

I have suspicions that this may trigger the bug. None of the tabs finish opening and the PSO site is unavailable for me for maybe 30 minutes or more.

Maybe the site's session handling is not re-entrant?

Comment

This reply is in no way intended to be taken as guaranteed to be correct.

This can happen on any site when there is higher traffic than the server is capable of handling at any given time, Try getting lotto results 5 mins after a draw for the perfect example

I could well be wrong and missing an underlying problem that does exist, which is also manifesting itself to look like the same thing, But I have just been putting it down to high traffic over the holiday period.

Comment

After giving it a bit more thought it came to me that this issue didn't start happening until my blog was published last evening... I wonder if that has anything to do with it

Comment

Originally posted by auntyrae View Post
            After giving it a bit more thought it came to me that this issue didn't start happening until my blog was published last evening... I wonder if that has anything to do with it
            it seemed to be down around 04.00 gmt last night for me for around 20 minutes, could just be a server update/site maintanance.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.