PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January Jumpstart - Official Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January Jumpstart - Official Discussion

Start the New Year with a VPP boost!

Every player on the world’s largest poker site can enjoy a great range of benefits thanks to the PokerStars VIP Club. And in 2014, you can earn up to $1,200 in cash VIP Stellar Rewards, plus reach your VIP level, even faster with a special January VIP Player Points (VPP) boost!

By opting-in to the free January Jumpstart offer, you’ll receive a one-off bonus of up to 1,000 VPPs, bringing you one step closer to your desired VIP status. You’ll also access VIP Stellar Rewards - instant cash credits you can purchase from the VIP Store throughout the year - much quicker. Don’t forget: the more real money games you play, the more VPPs you earn!

How to get your January Jumpstart VPPs

•Opt into January Jumpstart using Star CodeJUMPSTART’ before 23:59 ET on January 8.
    •Once opted-in, your monthly and yearly VPPs will be boosted as per the table below. The higher your VIP Level, the more Jumpstart VPPs you will receive.
    •Track your monthly and yearly VPP total by checking the VPP counter under ‘Cashier’ > ‘VIP Status’ in the PokerStars lobby.

TIP: If you think you will reach a higher VIP level by January 8 (the last opt-in date), wait until this date to opt-in and maximise your VPP boost.

BronzeStar: 15 VPPs
    ChromeStar: 25 VPPs
    SilverStar: 125 VPPs
    GoldStar: 625 VPPs
    PlatinumStar & higher: 1,000 VPPs

If you have a pending bonus then your VPP boost will count towards clearing that bonus, so you will earn it even faster!

Please Note: Only monthly and yearly VPPs will be credited with January Jumpstart. No FPPs will be awarded. The amount of Jumpstart VPPs credited to your account is based on your current VIP status at the time you opt-in. To take part in the promotion, opt-in using Star Code ‘JUMPSTART’ before 23:59 ET on January 8.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

i am chrome star and i have already applied for jump start but not sure what to do next ?

Comment

Originally posted by jokr02 View Post
      i am chrome star and i have already applied for jump start but not sure what to do next ?
      I'm guessing once it's been confirmed you will receive an extra 25 VPPs for free.

Comment

After you have entered your Star Code then all you have to do is wait. A short while after you should find your free VPPs have been awarded. You can view your VIP Status in the PokerStars client by clicking on the Cashier button.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Anyone received their jumpstart yet after putting in the star code?

Its probably not automated so not too worried yet but I thought it would have been done by now.

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
              Anyone received their jumpstart yet after putting in the star code?

Its probably not automated so not too worried yet but I thought it would have been done by now.
              Ya I got mine about half an hour ago

Comment

Hi there bhoy... I just received mine not long ago.

Comment

Mine is in now too. Thanks guys.

Have to say this promo is a real boost. Can build some more rest days into the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
                    Mine is in now too. Thanks guys.

Have to say this promo is a real boost. Can build some more rest days into the schedule.
                    How many VPP did you have or what is your status when you opt-in and how many boost did you get?

Is it not risky to opt-in during the last day? I might into some technical problems and don't get my opt-in in time. I opt-in for the January Daily Challenge yesterday and still no confirmation from stars.

Also, does it mean that if I earn 125VPP and opt-in before the deadline I will get a SilverStar status?

Regards and thank you.
                    Attached Files

Comment

ggervacio ,from what i have read if you are say at chrome and play and earn enuf VPP's to make silver status by the deadline date, then you will recievr the jumpstart bonus for sivlverstar which would be 125 vpp

Comment

At the time you opt-in, if you are Silverstar, you will receive 125VPPs free of charge.

If you think you can reach Gold Star by the 8th then it makes sense to wait and do it then because you get more.

Same if you are Bronze or Chrome and think you will make Silverstar. Wait until you achieve the status.

Comment

I knew I misunderstood that! too good to be true! Anyway, thanks for the reply guys.

Comment

I've heard nothing from Pokerstars on both this and the January Daily Challenge. Do they email you or can I check anywhere whether I've been opted in?

I did get confirmation from the PSO of my Chrome Boost opt in. I should maintain Chrome this week easily so this should be a a nice bonus for me especially if I reach Silver Star by the end of the month.
                            Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ggervacio View Post
                              I knew I misunderstood that!
                              omg, some of these promos can be so confusing - think I've still been misunderstanding ... double d'oh!!

Hopefully I've got it now

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.