PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Images from dropbox and twitpic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images from dropbox and twitpic

Am I doing something wrong not being able to upload images I have uploaded on dropbox or tweeted as images in forum posts or blogs? Any ideas how I can get around my inability?

Try using the Manage Attachments option rather, upload your image and then attach it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nataraj1 View Post
      Try using the Manage Attachments option rather, upload your image and then attach it.
      Trying to get images to appear as images, sorry I was not clear.

Comment

Hi Darren,

To include images in forum threads or on PSO blogs, you need the direct link to the .jpg or .png file. On the sites you mentioned, that probably involves right-clicking the image, opening it in a new browser window (or using "View Image" in Firefox) and then copy/pasting the URL from your address bar.

Hope this helps!
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Testing umbup:

Comment

Test passed with flying colours. (Almost literally)
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ooooo, the runbad raptor.

Me no like him.

Comment

Runbad raptor was a twitpic:
                https://twitter.com/Dr_Darren/status...617088/photo/1
                If you then rightclick on image and properties it will give you image URL, that is the link that works.

Thanks to Arty for the solve.

Dropbox I have no joy as when right click on eg https://www.dropbox.com/s/44zq3kgev0...078_ZOE003.jpg I only have dropbox options no IE

Comment

Originally posted by Profess Awe View Post
                  Testing umbup:
                  oh ... bwahahah!! Glad Arty was able to help you figure out how to post that - worth the effort Hope you start running better Profess!! PS Actually, here's hoping we all start running better!!

Comment

Originally posted by Profess Awe View Post
                    Dropbox I have no joy
                    Yeah, that site uses various bits of HTML to prevent hot-linking, presumably because the site was designed for the sharing and downloading of files, not image-hosting. Sites like Photbucket and Imageshack are better options for that, as image-hosting is their main purpose.
                    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.