PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eye of the Trainer Promotion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye of the Trainer Promotion

Hello,

So my question is.. I am now playing the eye of the trainer satellite and about 5 min ago I tried to register to the main event without winning a ticket in the satellite(without having a main event ticket) and I could. So how does this work? It's some sort of mistake or I don't have to play the satellite?
    Who gets a ticket to the main event(I have no such ticket in my balance) and who has to play the satellite?

Thanks,
    Dan
    Last edited by ps95593; Sat Oct 05, 2013, 09:31 PM.

you just need to be a member of poker school and pay the $1.10

cheers
    Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

a better question is if I am playing the satellite but have already registered by paying $1.10, what happens if I win the satellite?

do I get a ticket, so I must remember to unregister to main and re-register using the ticket?
      do I get $1.10 instead of a ticket?
      do I get nothing?
      do I get $1.10 T$?

rethorical question, as i busted out of the satellite.

Comment

Originally posted by ps95593 View Post
        Hello,

So my question is.. I am now playing the eye of the trainer satellite and about 5 min ago I tried to register to the main event without winning a ticket in the satellite(without having a main event ticket) and I could. So how does this work? It's some sort of mistake or I don't have to play the satellite?
        Who gets a ticket to the main event(I have no such ticket in my balance) and who has to play the satellite?

Thanks,
        Dan
        Hi Dan,

You do not need to win a ticket in the satellite to play the main event, it is simply one way to get into the tournament (for free). Any PSO member can buy directly in for the cost of $1.10 if they did not win a ticket or even didn't play the satellite.

Cheers,

Chris

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thank you. I tough it was more private or something. I didn't realize I was playing for the $1.10 and not for the ticket. Silly me.

Comment

Did you see the hand in which Chewme1 was knocked out? It's incredible. How about that for an action flop? Everyone's got a piece of it! Overpair vs top pair vs set vs overset vs flush draw, and one of the sickest runner-runners you'll ever see. Congrats to Courtice67 for picking up the $500 bounty.
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
              Did you see the hand in which Chewme1 was knocked out? It's incredible. How about that for an action flop? Everyone's got a piece of it! Overpair vs top pair vs set vs overset vs flush draw, and one of the sickest runner-runners you'll ever see. Congrats to Courtice67 for picking up the $500 bounty.
              I tweeted to Chewme that I was shoving/ calling any pot he was playing. I can't really blame any player for taking a shot in this hand as it's +EV getting involved with whatever rags you have.
              Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
                Hey Arty, Don't remind me I was the one holding the best hand until Courtice67 hit runner runner... & to think he was only a 3% dog OTF. Well played everyone... Congrats again to Courtice67. BR Tony [aka Prodigy237]
                Last edited by Prodigy237; Mon Oct 07, 2013, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ovalman View Post
                  I tweeted to Chewme that I was shoving/ calling any pot he was playing. I can't really blame any player for taking a shot in this hand as it's +EV getting involved with whatever rags you have.
                  I told him the same thing in chat during class, but then I chickened out Chewme's been like my 'tourney tutor' - I don't have much time to watch too many tourney vids, but the ones I've had time for, have been very helpful. I learned how to resteal from watching his vids umbup: So then after submitting that hand to HA the other day, I felt like he must have been so appalled and disappointed to see how I really play tourneys ... like a big donkey that I am I didn't want to play that way against him, so I didn't even sign up for the tourney. It's kind of a fun idea to have the chance to play against the trainers, although with such a big bounty on their heads, maybe there's not so much of a chance to play the trainers in these games after all. Hopefully Chewme had fun nevertheless umbup:
                  Last edited by TrustySam; Mon Oct 07, 2013, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.