PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

laptop crashing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laptop crashing

Hi have a problem with my laptop crashing It only happens when I am playing ZOOM after 20-30 mins It just stops working don't Know If It's my setup or at your end.
    Last edited by alistair774; Wed Sep 11, 2013, 02:05 PM.

Originally posted by alistair774 View Post
    Hi have a problem with my laptop crashing It only happens when I am playing ZOOM after 20-30 mins It just stops working don't Know If It's my setup or at your end.
    Hey alistair774, It could be a number of things but more than likely it's with your laptop, maybe the processing speed? It's hard to say really. We haven't heard anything from PokerStars end to say that there's a problem with ZOOM. Has anyone else in the Forum experinced this issue? Maybe you could offer some advice to Alistair. Cheers, Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Are you running any other programs at the time?
      Try closing every program and then start playing.
      If that doesn't work you can turn off the zoom animation at options, which might improve the situation.

Comment

I do experience lag when I am playing Zoom where it can take a few seconds, or even 20 to 30 seconds when it's at it's worst, for cards to display or to be able to cycle through tables.

I tend to blame HEM for this but the lag is never as bad on regular speed tables so maybe there is some problem with the interaction between Zoom tables and the processor.

Comment

I haven't heard of anyone having problems with Zoom on a pc. There have been some issues with tracking software in conjunction with Zoom, such as getting a HUD to work properly.

In addition to the advice given by others, you might want to open the Windows Task Manager while you are playing. This ought to help you determine if it is a RAM issue, disc space, processor etc.

Roland GTX

Comment

Thanks guys have a few things to look at

Comment

Usually third party software thats been installed can cause problems! If all else fails.....try rolling back your pc to a date when everything was fine. Ive had no problems with playing zoom and only got 1GB ram on my lappy. Gl tho Fist.umbup:
              11 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

yup looks like I got it fixed had a driver that needed updating + I changed one or two settings.umbup:

Comment

buy another laptop with 2 cores speed or fixed de problem... formatting de hard!

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.