PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 'My Stats' Feature

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New 'My Stats' Feature

    Hello,

    PokerSchoolOnline would like to introduce to you a new feature at the school called 'My Stats'. We hope that this useful tool will become your guide to both tracking and improving your poker game as you play in the Open or Premier Skill League games.

    'My Stats' can be broken down into three main areas: Achievements, Stats, and Styles. Here's a brief explanation of each:

    Achievements:
    Use this to find out how well you are doing in any particular month or over the course of your entire Skill League career. For example, you will be able to see how many hands you have played, how many you have won, and even how often you have finished in the money.

    Stats:
    In this section you will be able to break down your game and analyse it even further. Also you will be able to compare your personal stats with the current league average. Being aware of your stats and how other players perceive you is key to playing better poker.

    Style:
    Some might say that success in the leagues requires a certain style of play however one of the fundamental ingredients for winning poker is an ability to adapt your playing style to suit the changing conditions at any MTT table. If you see something that isn't working then perhaps try a different style. Indeed you can always use these stats and the league games as a practice ground for improving your game.

    Just to let you know that we are initially introducing this new feature to the school in a test phase and we really want to hear your opinions and feedback about this tool both good or bad. Try it out and let us know what you think about it here in this thread.

    Team PokerSchoolOnline.
    Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration


  • #2
    Cool feature, now you can find something else to blame when busted out from a pso league.
    And btw I think I have the smallest vpip in the pso universe (10.86%)

    Comment


    • #3
      That's some awesomeness right there.

      Originally posted by GamblingProp View Post
      Cool feature, now you can find something else to blame when busted out from a pso league.
      And btw I think I have the smallest vpip in the pso universe (10.86%)
      Nope. 8.33% over 2 hands.
      Doesn't make a lick of sense, but that's what it says. :P

      Edit: Silly me, the sample isn't 2 hands, it's 2 hands VPIP. Makes sense then.
      Last edited by butchsd; Fri Jul 05, 2013, 06:17 PM.
      Double Bracelet Winner

      Comment


      • #4
        I think I win the battle of the nits. Last month in the Premier, I was permanently short-stacked and was generally clinging on like a barnacle, in order to not lose too many points. My VPIP was 7%. It's no surprise that I didn't make any final tables!
        Bracelet Winner

        Comment


        • #5
          Got a little scared there for a moment with the idea those stats would be visible to any other players. I like the modification to the PSO interface.
          Time Vault Champion 2013

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PSO Admin View Post
            Hello,

            PokerSchoolOnline would like to introduce to you a new feature at the school called 'My Stats'. We hope that this useful tool will become your guide to both tracking and improving your poker game as you play in the Open or Premier Skill League games.

            'My Stats' can be broken down into three main areas: Achievements, Stats, and Styles. Here's a brief explanation of each:

            Achievements:
            Use this to find out how well you are doing in any particular month or over the course of your entire Skill League career. For example, you will be able to see how many hands you have played, how many you have won, and even how often you have finished in the money.

            Stats:
            In this section you will be able to break down your game and analyse it even further. Also you will be able to compare your personal stats with the current league average. Being aware of your stats and how other players perceive you is key to playing better poker.

            Style:
            Some might say that success in the leagues requires a certain style of play however one of the fundamental ingredients for winning poker is an ability to adapt your playing style to suit the changing conditions at any MTT table. If you see something that isn't working then perhaps try a different style. Indeed you can always use these stats and the league games as a practice ground for improving your game.

            Just to let you know that we are initially introducing this new feature to the school in a test phase and we really want to hear your opinions and feedback about this tool both good or bad. Try it out and let us know what you think about it here in this thread.

            Team PokerSchoolOnline.
            so this feature is only usefull if you play in the skills league right?
            3 Time Bracelet Winner


            Comment


            • #7
              Yes ronh, this tool only gives your stats for the Open and Premier Skill Leagues.

              I didn't play any leagues last month but will be playing the Open this month to try it out, looks good so far.

              Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

              Bracelet Winner

              Comment


              • #8
                What sort of stats are included? I'm hoping a bit more than just the normal stats that you get in the lobby of the game.

                Don't know whether this is a good or bad thing. Good that it can give really good advice to the newb in improving their game - bad in that any info is not optimal strategy for the PSO games.

                I'm in the Premier League this month (thinly veiled brag ) so have enabled this feature and will give my stats at the end of the month.
                Bracelet Winner

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mr mendes 20 View Post
                  Got a little scared there for a moment with the idea those stats would be visible to any other players. I like the modification to the PSO interface.
                  That's right Mr. Mendes, only you can see them and no one else will know what your stats are unless you decide to tell them. There's a few Terms & Conditions Section 12 about the new stats feature that's good to know as follows: 'By participating in our PokerSchool Leagues you are agreeing to have your league play data aggregated with all of the other league participants to determine averages and other benchmarks for league play. League participants will also be able to view their own personal league play statistics from their profile page. Statistics data is private and not visible to other members. Users can opt-out of this feature by indicating their preference on their profile. Once a user has opted out, all of their play data will no longer be associated with them, though it will continue to be used in aggregate. A user may opt back in to the stats feature, but only data from that point on will be available, as all previous data will have been irrevocably anonymized within the PokerSchool system. Statistical data recorded is subject to change but may include Hands Played, Showdowns Won, Tournaments Played, In the Money, All-ins Preflop, Final Tables, Tournaments Won, League Prize Money, % Showdown Winner, VPIP, Steals, PFR, 3bet, C-bet, Post Flop Aggression Frequency, Trickiness and Shooter Factor'. Raiser umbup:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Anybody else's screen look like this after the update? There's no link to click (visible or otherwise) to log out for me anymore. EDIT: Oh nevermind - I clicked on the wheelie looking thingie up top and got a logout option umbup:
                    Last edited by TrustySam; Sat Jul 06, 2013, 12:10 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nice new feature. Just a shame it doesn't track games or sessions outside of the league games.
                      'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        cool new feature

                        its a cool new feature in pso

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Nice but it would be better if you could hover over the stats and it told you exactly what each one meant.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TrueCalamity View Post
                            Nice but it would be better if you could hover over the stats and it told you exactly what each one meant.
                            Maybe it only works in some browsers, but there are tooltips for all the stats. If you hover your cursor over the little grey question mark above and to the right of each stat, a full explanation should be given.
                            Bracelet Winner

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It just says 'your score' and 'average range' as a key?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.