PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PokerStars Women's Club Discussion Page

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PokerStars Women's Club Discussion Page

PokerStars Women is proud to introduce the PokerStars Women's Club!

Mark your calendars for January 7. Next Monday will launch a new era that will provide an innovative way for women to enjoy their favorite games on PokerStars, win weekly prizes, and join a rapidly growing community of amazing online poker players.
    The friendly environment offers regular prizes and the chance to play in friendly games with other female players.

The much-anticipated PokerStars Women's Club is a new endeavor from the PS family that was created with the help of players around the world. Your suggestions and input helped form this exciting virtual club as an exciting place for women to play poker.

Registration is free, and players will be able to compete in free and low buy-in tournaments around the clock. Players can choose from three levels of play and build bankrolls through a series of tournaments and freerolls. Walk away with cash prizes, VIP store vouchers, and freeroll tickets. The levels offer the following opportunities:

Diamond Level
    Buy-in: 100 FPP 30-day ticket (purchase from VIP store)
    Daily times: 6:00 ET, 14:00 ET, 21:00 ET
    Prizes: Tickets to Diamonds Sunday Club Freeroll, $5 guaranteed prize pool

Hearts Level
    Buy-in: $.10
    Daily times: 5:00 ET, 13:00 ET, 20:00 ET
    Prizes: Tickets to Hearts Sunday Club Freeroll

Spades Level
    Buy-in: $1.10
    Daily times: 5:30 ET, 13:30 ET, 20:30 ET
    Prizes: Tickets to Spades Sunday Club Freeroll

The Sunday Club freerolls will offer the chance to win cash and vouchers with which to claim free gifts from the VIP Store. We'll be offering women's clothing, jewelry, iPhone cases, and much more!

The Sunday Club freerolls have several time offerings as well:

Diamond Level
    Sunday times: 6:00 ET, 14:00 ET, 21:00 ET
    Prizes: $50 guaranteed prize pool, three (3) Club vouchers

Hearts Level
    Sunday times: 5:00 ET, 13:00 ET, 20:00 ET
    Prizes: $50 guaranteed prize pool, five (5) Club vouchers

Spades Level
    Sunday times: 5:30 ET, 13:30 ET, 20:30 ET
    Prizes: $200 guaranteed prize pool, five (5) Club vouchers

All of the daily tournaments can be found in the PokerStars lobby beginning on January 7. Under the "Tourney" tab in the lobby, look for "PokerStars Women's Club" games, all of which are listed in pink.

All PokerStars Women's Club information can be found on its main website page. Also stay tuned to this blog space, as well as our Facebook and Twitter pages for the latest information. All we can say now is there will be a "welcome" freeroll and a chocolates giveaway. Happy New Year!
    2 Time Bracelet Winner

Originally posted by HokyPokyToo View Post
    We'll be offering women's clothing, jewelry, iPhone cases, and much more!
    At the risk of sounding a like a mall-rat ... are they cute? Any pics?

Comment

well went and hit the ps womens club spades and it takes me to the diamond tournament so things are humming along as usual , is someone going to fix the games before tommorrow so we can have a look at the set up??
      2012 Double Bracelet Winner

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi CHILLI, Thank you for your interest. As the Women's Club is a PokerStars promotion, please direct any questions or concerns to support@pokerstars.com. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables. umbup: Joss
        2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

PokerStars Women's Club Discussion Page

Hello, I just noticed that the tickets for the Sunday freerolls are time limited , not even good for a month, dont you think that is going to produce disinterest in women playing club games?? Also the 100fpp buy in for a months worth of tickets for a very very low cash tourn is a bit much, peoples can get in a 1k tourn for 20 fpps daily. Seems that this club , although a good idea is a long way from what was and some tune ups are already necessary.
          Last edited by CHILLI 2 U; Wed Jan 09, 2013, 03:58 AM. Reason: wording

Bracelet Winner

Comment

yah I finaly decide to join a league and there is little to offer. There isn't even league standings. I now have three tickets for one game what good are they? Why should I even bother to keep playing, just the week free roll?

Comment

The initial roll-out had some problems, I bought a diamond ticket and couldn`t enter the tourney. There were some comments on FB as well, but the problems from Monday seem to be fixed.

Check out Poker Stars Women on FB for freeroll on Thursday. The winner gets an ipad 2 and the rest of the final table gets leather jackets.

If this is the kind of prizes the Sunday games offer I think it will be quite worthwhile. The games run at the same times as the old league games, so no time issues if you were playing the old leagues.

I`m giving it the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi PS Women, The password to the PS Women's Club Facebook Freeroll will be given out 2 hours (3pm ET) before the tournament is scheduled to begin at 5pm ET. The tounament can be found in the main lobby under "tournaments > private." Check out those prizes! Good luck and have fun! umbup: Joss
                2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I'm still reserving complete judgement till the freerolls, but I'm not seeing the point in winning a bunch of tickets that are only good for 2 weeks.

The new club has been running for 5 days, and I currently have 3 tickets for the Spades club freeroll (equivalent to the old 1.10 league). Since they are only good for two weeks, where is the incentive for me to continue playing this level??

The diamond level is in the same time slot as the old $5.50 league, but it's a purchased ticket (100 FPPs). I won one of these also, and gained the princely sum of $2.50, compared to $70+ if I won the corresponding league game.

The Women's Elite $5.50 game is only available in the two early timeslots, so North and South America are left out again.

Maybe I'm missing something, but so far I'm disappointed.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Congrats Chilli!

PokerStars Hand #92303155985: Tournament #668221277, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level XVI (1250/2500) - 2013/01/13 15:29:38 CT [2013/01/13 16:29:38 ET]
                    Table '668221277 8' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
                    Seat 6: CHILLI 2 U (91930 in chips)
                    Seat 9: RAKEMGLELITE (13070 in chips)
                    CHILLI 2 U: posts the ante 250
                    RAKEMGLELITE: posts the ante 250
                    RAKEMGLELITE: posts small blind 1250
                    CHILLI 2 U: posts big blind 2500
                    *** HOLE CARDS ***
                    RAKEMGLELITE: raises 10320 to 12820 and is all-in
                    CHILLI 2 U: calls 10320
                    *** FLOP *** [5s 2d 7d]
                    *** TURN *** [5s 2d 7d] [8h]
                    *** RIVER *** [5s 2d 7d 8h] [5c]
                    *** SHOW DOWN ***
                    CHILLI 2 U: shows [6c 6d] (two pair, Sixes and Fives)
                    RAKEMGLELITE: shows [9d Qs] (a pair of Fives)
                    CHILLI 2 U collected 26140 from pot
                    RAKEMGLELITE finished the tournament in 2nd place and received $37.00.
                    CHILLI 2 U wins the tournament and receives $55.00 - congratulations!
                    *** SUMMARY ***
                    Total pot 26140 | Rake 0
                    Board [5s 2d 7d 8h 5c]
                    Seat 6: CHILLI 2 U (big blind) showed [6c 6d] and won (26140) with two pair, Sixes and Fives
                    Seat 9: RAKEMGLELITE (button) (small blind) showed [9d Qs] and lost with a pair of Fives
                    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Sweet! Way to go Chilli, super stuff and kudos to Joy for the FT too You guys rock! Raiser umbup:
                      Last edited by royalraise85; Mon Jan 14, 2013, 01:31 AM.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

great going ladiesumbup:
                        Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

PokerStars Women's Club umbupanks you all , its been a great week havent had one of these for awhile , and congrats to Joy for the final table as well , unfortunately we both had to pick up some chips quick and both of us had hands that were the ones to do it. See you in the next one!!! And good luck to all!!!! There also was a tournament note at the top of the page that said "5XPokerstars Womens Club Vouchers awarded in this tournament. Claim prize gifts in the VIP store , I know I and many many others would like to know what, when, who etc and where these are.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Good Poker

Finished 4th in the PS Women's Club Spades Freeroll
                            Game 668221278

Good Poker, and picked up $20.00 and if anybody knows about the 5 vouchers that the tourney lobby states and the promo material says are to be given out, please fill me in on it.

Comment

Good job Razzys!umbup: John (JWK24)
                              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.