PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

joining forum question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joining forum question

hi mods, my freind is here with me and trying to set up the forum for him as he wishes to join.

we have tried several times and its basically saying everytime that the user name and password do not match,so restarting stars, then its saying to register again,

no password change offered just register

his account just not registering?

does he have to wait for some one to confirm the registration or is it automative?

Hi, You need a different password for joining the PSO forum that begins with a number - if I remember correctly. The client software is separate but you use the same screen name for both. umbup:

Comment

hi forrest and thx,yea i know that mate its just not working for him on my comp for some reason, think maybe security got a block on my ip or something, had trouble a bit ago bringing new players,

Informed them first this time though, so strange one mate

Comment

Hello Holdemace

As we have talked in the past I would strongly suggest you have your friend sign up from there own computer or you could run into some verification problems that could result in loss of your PSO and/or PokerStars account well these accounts are being verified.

When we see multi accounts from the same IP it can create a problem for all involved.

You may go on as you wish I just think this would be in your best interest moving forward.

If you have any more questions on this matter please feel free to PM myself or of the Mods.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

T2C
        Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

It's moments like this when I have to,once again,make my request that PSO add a "face palm" Smilie to the offerings.

Comment

thx tct. there was no problem setting his client up it was just pokerschool, its obviously a lot easier for me to show some one what to do than them fiquring out for themselves, i just wanted to help him on his way,

I have told him now to set up his pokerschool from his connection as i thought as much.

I still find it strange though, that from my computer i can not let a mate set up an account why he his here and as all the relevant id etc

but no problems your rules regardless how daft i think they are, so from now on if my freinds ask me about joining stars i will just not bother and tell the new customers i am bringing to not bother,

theres obvious not no point to refer a freind. thx anyway i understand.

Comment

**closed**
              Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.