PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where has all my player notes gone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where has all my player notes gone?

    Ok, so recently i changed the PC i was using at home.

    When i downloaded the pokerstars client onto my new PC and i logged into my account, all good.

    But i have realized that all my player notes i had taken over the past 12months are gone, rotten dose, i had alot of notes and some very good notes IMO. Obviously all my player notes are on the last PC, yea?

    My query is, HOW AM I GOING TO GET ALL MY PLAYER NOTES ONTO MY NEW PC??

    Is there a folder somewhere on my old PC with the notes saved into it?

    Can anyone shed some light on this for me, pleas guys, help, would love to get mt notes back, hope i can...

  • #2
    OLD PC

    C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\PokerStars\notes

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanking u Sands, so i just transfer this folder and all shuld be good, yea?

      Cheers m8

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi Briany84!

        Yes, that file/folder should take care of it. I'd also recommend backing it up every-so-often, as I know that I lost mine when my old computer crashed.

        John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator



        6 Time Bracelet Winner


        Comment


        • #5
          Just as a matter of interest Briany. Did you transfer the Hand History folder over too and what way did you go about it? In other words, what's the easiest way to do this. Raiser umbup:

          Comment


          • #6
            I think the easiest is to use a USB storage device... plug it in, copy the folders/files over, plug it into the new machine and copy to there.

            Just make sure to put it in the same location so the PS client on the new machine "sees" it.
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

            4 Time Bracelet Winner



            Comment


            • #7
              kk, I was under the impression that a USB might have have enough space on it for all the info. I'm going the route of trying to connect the two machines to a wireless network... might work... if not I'll go on to the next plan... Cheers Dave, Raiser umbup:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
                I think the easiest is to use a USB storage device... plug it in, copy the folders/files over, plug it into the new machine and copy to there. Just make sure to put it in the same location so the PS client on the new machine "sees" it.
                +1000000umbup: That absolutely is the best way to do it. The USB could have enough memory to keep all of it, but I'd want a backup plan, as the thumbdrives can get corrupted pretty easily. John (JWK24)
                Super-Moderator



                6 Time Bracelet Winner


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by royalraise85 View Post
                  Just as a matter of interest Briany. Did you transfer the Hand History folder over too and what way did you go about it? In other words, what's the easiest way to do this. Raiser umbup:
                  I didn't get around to copying my HH yet Raiser but i will be as i have noticed it in my HUD when i play some of my reg mtts and come up against reg players, all my Hands on them are missing, it sucks but i will be getting around to it very soon... N yea i reckon USB will be the way to go with it. Thanx guys for all your answers, appreciated..umbup:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
                    OLD PC C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\PokerStars\notes
                    Oh, okay, ty umbup:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Briany84 View Post
                      I didn't get around to copying my HH yet Raiser but i will be as i have noticed it in my HUD when i play some of my reg mtts and come up against reg players, all my Hands on them are missing, it sucks but i will be getting around to it very soon... N yea i reckon USB will be the way to go with it. Thanx guys for all your answers, appreciated..umbup:
                      If you are already running PT or HM just make a backup of your database, then you can move that file easily over to the new machine and restore it.
                      Head Live Trainer
                      Check out my Videos

                      4 Time Bracelet Winner



                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Have also noticed my player notes have been affected - the colour indication tags I put on are still there but some of the notes are missing. Just 1 idea depending on the amount of notes you could copy them over into a spreadsheet there are endless possibilities with this option, but if you have lots of player notes it may take time.. just a thought.

                        And not just to note hands they win with but also how they play, if you find weaknesses note that to all this helps

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
                          If you are already running PT or HM just make a backup of your database, then you can move that file easily over to the new machine and restore it.
                          Now that sounds like a plan! Thanks Dave, Raiser umbup:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            umbup:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Going to create the back up database today, lol, never backed up anything in my life, from homework at school, to homework for work.. Guess nothing has ever been as important as POKER umbup:umbup:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.