PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Explain?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Explain?

Eligibility.

Employees and relatives of employees of PokerStars and any entities affiliated or related to PokerStars are not permitted to participate in the Promotion. For these purposes, the term "relative" shall mean spouse, partner, parent, child or sibling.
    5 Time Bracelet Winner

Originally posted by Deleted user
    That is pretty self explanatory.

~it protects ps and players.

If you have never seen a clause like this on any gambling site/scratchy/lotto/sports betting then you are either under age or at the wrong place imo !!

I'mJigJig.

Aint under aged... that's 4 sure...

BUT...

Have sent off to Support... as well
    5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

EXPLANATION...

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Please note that these moderators are NOT employees of PokerStars
      in any way. They hold no contracts with the company, or any
      company affiliated with PokerStars. They are simply active
      community members who are rewarded
      for responding and engaging
      with other members who post on the PokerSchoolOnline forums.

Therefore, these same moderators are permitted to play (for real
      money) on PokerStars and participate in all related PokerStars
      promotions.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Yulianna
      PokerStars Support Team
      ---
      We are poker!
      5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by EasyChips4U View Post
        EXPLANATION... Hello, Thank you for your email. Please note that these moderators are NOT employees of PokerStars in any way. They hold no contracts with the company, or any company affiliated with PokerStars. They are simply active community members who are rewarded for responding and engaging with other members who post on the PokerSchoolOnline forums. Therefore, these same moderators are permitted to play (for real money) on PokerStars and participate in all related PokerStars promotions. Please let us know if you have further questions. Regards, Yulianna PokerStars Support Team --- We are poker!
        umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

EXPLANATION...

Hello,

promotions.

Regards,

Yulianna
          PokerStars Support Team
          ---
          We are poker!
          so is this a loop hole now how are they rewarded fpps free tickets money ????
          4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

EXPLANATION...

Hello,

promotions.

Regards,

Yulianna
            PokerStars Support Team
            ---
            We are poker!
            Well, clearly we've had the "official" reply and explanation. End of story.

However, here are my opinions:

What is the definition of an employee?
            A person who is hired to provide services to a company on a regular basis in exchange for compensation and who does not provide these services as part of an independent business.

Are moderators being compensated on a regular basis for services provided to PSO?
            Yes. Therefore, they are employees of PSO. A contract is not necessarily required to engage the services of an individual.

Are moderators trained by PSO to perform this service?
            Yes.

Do corporations provide training for individuals to perform a compensated service for their company, and not consider these individuals as employees or individual contractors of the company providing the training?
            No.

Do PSO moderators have a contract with the operators of PSO not to discuss or disclose internal workings and business matters with others?
            Yes. Whether this contract was agreed to verbally or as a signed agreement, it does exist and can result in a PSO moderator being removed from this compensated position, so a contract does exist.

Between the bait and switch promotions, moderators insulting members and posts and threads disappearing, it's no wonder some of us come away from our interactions with PokerStars and the PSO feeling a little soiled and dirty.

Best free poker training around though, and a great hand analysis team.

Comment

Originally posted by annie_22at90 View Post
              Well, clearly we've had the "official" reply and explanation. End of story. However, here are my opinions: What is the definition of an employee? A person who is hired to provide services to a company on a regular basis in exchange for compensation and who does not provide these services as part of an independent business. Are moderators being compensated on a regular basis for services provided to PSO? Yes. Therefore, they are employees of PSO. A contract is not necessarily required to engage the services of an individual. Are moderators trained by PSO to perform this service? Yes. Do corporations provide training for individuals to perform a compensated service for their company, and not consider these individuals as employees or individual contractors of the company providing the training? No. Do PSO moderators have a contract with the operators of PSO not to discuss or disclose internal workings and business matters with others? Yes. Whether this contract was agreed to verbally or as a signed agreement, it does exist and can result in a PSO moderator being removed from this compensated position, so a contract does exist. Between the bait and switch promotions, moderators insulting members and posts and threads disappearing, it's no wonder some of us come away from our interactions with PokerStars and the PSO feeling a little soiled and dirty. Best free poker training around though, and a great hand analysis team.
              +umbup:
              4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Deleted user
                I acknowledge that the above is well said with out getting of the fence of in an argument about splitting hairs. The above also stands true. It also face the same test when you look at the hand analysis forum changes and reactions to: Good luck all.
                Sorry.

I speak english only.

Comment

Sounds like one of those who cares conversations that has no meaning to the learning of the game, Are people saying the mods are employees of pokerstars? not true they are just here to try to help as they have proven themselves capable, if they get small rewards for this so what ,they are just players the same as me or you, so why the jealously that its sounding like i will never know.
                  Some people , get a grip ,be happy for your fellow players who have had a bit of luck for once on here.

Comment

Originally posted by holdemace486 View Post
                    Sounds like one of those who cares conversations that has no meaning to the learning of the game, Are people saying the mods are employees of pokerstars? not true they are just here to try to help as they have proven themselves capable, if they get small rewards for this so what ,they are just players the same as me or you, so why the jealously that its sounding like i will never know.
                    Some people , get a grip ,be happy for your fellow players who have had a bit of luck for once on here.
                    Move along sonny. The adults are talking here.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Yes in deed, I am so sorry, you are right with your quality adult responce to me, adults in deed.

Comment

Sorry.

I speak english only.

annie,

You shared your opinion on the matter. It should be ok for others to do so as well without being met by insults simply because they don't agree with you imho.

Dave
                        Head Live Trainer
                        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I don't get envolved in most of the promotions on here unless they are poker games, BUT i was surprised when RR won this BLOG THING . Any person receiving compensation from any company is considered to work for that company wether it's $0.10 or $10,000.00 that he receives for his services. Personaly it does not matter to me who won but after reading this thread i just thought i'd add my thoughts on it.

taxi128
                          Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by holdemace486 View Post

Such brilliant conjecture from someone who has played on this site for roughly four years and has to waste space in here asking about a frigging server restart for pity's sake.

Man,the sheer tonnage of what you will never know holdem could make a continent sink like a stone.

As to the matter at hand I think this should close the book on whether or not Mods and trainers are officially employees of the site. If this is the company position then that, as they say, is that.

I know that I,for one,have saved this response from Yulianna as future reference against any attempts by the site to have it both ways on this issue.

Comment

The sheer knowledge of what any person does not know would sink a continent moxie

Comment

Working...
                              X