PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pso

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pso

why is it i see i make points when i finsh 2000 out of 10000, yet when i look at other players in the top of the leaderboard they lose points for finshing 2000 out of 10000. Is it cause they play more tourneys then me ???. and is it better to play more then less touneys

Hi archrandy! The points that a player receives is based on a number of things. One of them is what your current score is. The higher your score gets, the harder it will be to gain points and the easier it will be to lose points. Here's a link to the section on the league scoring, with the factors that are taken into account. Hope this helps.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hello Archrandy.

The PSO league scoring system uses criteria besides your bust out position to determine your score. It factors in:

- Field size
      - "Strength" of Field (the scores of all players in the field)
      - Your start of event score
      - Your finish position

So if your monthly score is very LOW to start the event, you do not need to finish as deeply to gain points than someone who has a higher monthly score to start the event.

Someone who plays a lot of tournaments early in the month when all scores are low will probably gain score faster than someone who does not play as much, but as their score increases they must finish BETTER in order to continue gaining points in the league. At that point, someone who plays fewer games, but who finishes much better (on average) can "catch up".

Using this sort of scoring system helps to balance the league somewhat, so that simply playing a lot of tournaments does not give you too huge an advantage.

For a full explanation of the scoring system, please see this link: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...coring-Formula

thanks for being a part of PSO, and I hope to see you around the forums!

-JDean
      Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks guys thats great see you at the tables

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.