PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blog Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blog Updates

Hi there, it takes 24 hours for our blogs to be approved. I understand the need for moderation but there were only 5 blogs updated yesterday and surely things could be done a bit quicker? My blog needs to be relevent for today's thoughts and not 24 hours later. If I were to make a comment on a game, 24 hours later the game is forgotten about. Things like the WSOP and Sunday Millions need to be current.

TYIA.
    Bracelet Winner

People that approve your blogs have a life too. They do not spend every waking moment of
    their day waiting to approve a blog.
    If your thoughts are that important and need to be read ASAP use twitter or facebook.
    7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I would recommend you use the forums for anything that benefits from instant attention - a lot of people use the latest posts feature to see what is new.

The blogs are a little longer lasting than forum posts, and can stand up to being published a little later.

If you have a longer piece which works better as a blog, submit your blog and also put a shorter post into the forum with a link to the blog once it is approved.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
      4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hello

As I looking at the blogs at no time is there a 24 hour window for them going live, there check thru out the day..

We work very hard to get them set Live.

Your blog is Live now and was no wheres near Posted 24 hours ago.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

T2C
        Last edited by TOO2COO; Sun Feb 05, 2012, 09:11 PM.
        Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I understand many of the mods provide their time free of charge or for very little reward but I think an immediate publication would be more beneficial for both Pokerstars and the Blogger. Posts can always be removed if they go against the T/C.

I assumed it was 24 hours but I've only published 2 posts so I was guessing the timeframe, I was going by how long my first post took to publish. I understand the forum can be used for an immediate response but that's not the same as a blog.

I may have sounded negative but I'd like to improve on what I see, thanks for the responses.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.