PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions from an American

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions from an American

I understand why we can't play cash but can not understand why Pokerstars doesn't do more to retain the American market. We had to of been at least the top 3rd of the amount of players from a country so wouldn't it make sense to keep us here until when we can play cash again?

Here's some ideas I've had to do this.

1) Set up a special PSO playchip tourneys so that we can play with our PSO friends once again.
    2) Set up special play chip tourneys just for Americans with bonus chips added. If we can't play for cash at least we could all become play chip millionaires. LOL
    3) Lift the chat restrictions on league games and cash tourneys so we can say hi to our friends as we rail them. This would especially be good as these friends of ours are winning the MOTW/MOTM prizes.

These things alone would do wonders to retain this viable market and isn't that important?

Lastly I would also like to ask if it could be possible to allow Home Club managers to import a custom back ground to the club tables to further customize our clubs.

Thank you,
    Jason

Added:
    Forgot to make this request also. Could there be a way that players are free from chat bans on PS while playing in a home game? Managers have a mute button to use and they are the chat mods for the club since there is no "call chat moderator" option in a home club?
    Last edited by joker41673; Thu Jan 12, 2012, 06:13 AM. Reason: Added another
    Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

Originally posted by joker41673 View Post
    I understand why we can't play cash but can not understand why Pokerstars doesn't do more to retain the American market. We had to of been at least the top 3rd of the amount of players from a country so wouldn't it make sense to keep us here until when we can play cash again? Here's some ideas I've had to do this. 1) Set up a special PSO playchip tourneys so that we can play with our PSO friends once again. 2) Set up special play chip tourneys just for Americans with bonus chips added. If we can't play for cash at least we could all become play chip millionaires. LOL 3) Lift the chat restrictions on league games and cash tourneys so we can say hi to our friends as we rail them. This would especially be good as these friends of ours are winning the MOTW/MOTM prizes. These things alone would do wonders to retain this viable market and isn't that important? Lastly I would also like to ask if it could be possible to allow Home Club managers to import a custom back ground to the club tables to further customize our clubs. Thank you, Jason
    THIS. umbup:umbup:umbup:umbup:umbup:

Comment

+1 #3 especially. It realy sucks being excluded from even railing folks. I feel like brkn..
      May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

I understand that a judge in the USA has overturned the previous judgement on online gambling. We'll have to see what happensumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by sable60 View Post
          I understand that a judge in the USA has overturned the previous judgement on online gambling. We'll have to see what happensumbup:
          Sable, Check this article out for a clearer picture of this Justice Department opinion. Joe
          Last edited by TrumpinJoe; Thu Jan 12, 2012, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
            Sable, Check this [HTML=http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/12/us-department-of-justice-wire-act-applies-to-sporting-events-11711.htm]article[/HTML] out for a clearer picture of this Justice Department opinion. Joe
            Link doesn't work Joe evil:

Comment

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/1...ents-11711.htm

Now it does.

edit: "The DOJ has released its opinion on the Wire Act, but it was careful not to touch the Unlawful Internet Gaming Enforcement Act, only to say: “In light of that conclusion, we need not consider how to reconcile the Wire Act with UIGEA, because the Wire Act does not apply in this situation. Accordingly, we express no view about the proper interpretation or scope of UIGEA.

WHAT? They don't have an opinion about how to properly interpret a law they used to take down online poker? Finally the government admits it has no idea what it's doing... WTF...
              Last edited by mcrissinger; Thu Jan 12, 2012, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joker41673 View Post
                Link doesn't work Joe evil:
                Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by mcrissinger View Post
                  http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/1...ents-11711.htm

Now it does.

edit: "The DOJ has released its opinion on the Wire Act, but it was careful not to touch the Unlawful Internet Gaming Enforcement Act, only to say: “In light of that conclusion, we need not consider how to reconcile the Wire Act with UIGEA, because the Wire Act does not apply in this situation. Accordingly, we express no view about the proper interpretation or scope of UIGEA.

WHAT? They don't have an opinion about how to properly interpret a law they used to take down online poker? Finally the government admits it has no idea what it's doing... WTF...

If I remember correctly MC,when the indictments were filed back in April they were ALL directed at the banking transaction aspects of the sites in question and thus the Wire Act was the statute cited. They expressly did NOT question the validity of on-line poker,the game itself, in the charging documents. Therefore the UIGEA idiocy was never even broached to begin with,so no surprise that they steered away from commenting on it in this release.

Comment

I love the fact that there are so many of our American friends still here and contributing to the forum. You are all valued members, kudos for sticking around, and I hope you will be back playing for $'s in the near future.

And I think Joker's ideas are great.

Comment

Originally posted by Swaxwell View Post
                      I love the fact that there are so many of our American friends still here and contributing to the forum. You are all valued members, kudos for sticking around, and I hope you will be back playing for $'s in the near future.

And I think Joker's ideas are great.

Thanks for the good thoughts Swax. We miss being in the trenches with all of you big time.

Comment

While I do think Joker has some good ideas, I feel the need to express my opinion regarding the subject.

First, Pokerstars voluntarily banned all US players to appease the DOJ. They don't want anything to do with us. Something to do with 3 billion dollars the DOJ is demanding payment for lol... Pokerstars isn't going to do anything that is blatantly trying to attract US players real money or not.

Second, online play money poker simply isn't the same as real money poker. Not even the same game at all in my opinion. You might as well be trying to get the US real money market to give free Scrabble a try.

Third, Pokerstars would make zero dollars from the US market. Therefore if they spend any effort at all on the US market it will be a net loss for them. Makes no business sense. Sure they could take the loss and build a US play money play base hoping they will someday be able to accept US players again. Problem is there is still a good chance US players and Pokerstars will never cross paths again even when online poker gets fixed within the US. Who knows though, have to wait it out while this all gets hashed out by the courts.

Comment

Originally posted by RockerguyAA View Post
                          While I do think Joker has some good ideas, I feel the need to express my opinion regarding the subject. First, Pokerstars voluntarily banned all US players to appease the DOJ. They don't want anything to do with us. Something to do with 3 billion dollars the DOJ is demanding payment for lol... Pokerstars isn't going to do anything that is blatantly trying to attract US players real money or not. Second, online play money poker simply isn't the same as real money poker. Not even the same game at all in my opinion. You might as well be trying to get the US real money market to give free Scrabble a try. Third, Pokerstars would make zero dollars from the US market. Therefore if they spend any effort at all on the US market it will be a net loss for them. Makes no business sense. Sure they could take the loss and build a US play money play base hoping they will someday be able to accept US players again. Problem is there is still a good chance US players and Pokerstars will never cross paths again even when online poker gets fixed within the US. Who knows though, have to wait it out while this all gets hashed out by the courts.
                          I see where you are coming from but I would have to disagree 1st these ideas wouldn't be in any way construed as a way to attract US players since it wouldn't be advertised in the lobby and only be for players who are members of the PSO or in the other case only for the American who are still here. 2nd i think these games could play better with this format of only Americans or PSO members instead of the normal push or fold games. If they did still play bad well then what's the difference from what we do have? 3rd any effort to appease American players would make plenty of sense businesslike because of the retention of players instead of the steady exodus we have had since 4/15. And yes I do believe that we will be back. How soon? who knows but it will happen. evil:
                          Last edited by joker41673; Thu Jan 12, 2012, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Our American friends have always been a valued part of the forum, that hasn't changed. There are a number of them that have been analysing hands, and working to help anyone that wants to learn.

This poker community is a powerful thing, even the US government can't stop it. Personally, I can't wait till they are allowed to play again.

Miss ALL YOU AMERICANS!!!!!

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Moxie and I have conflicting ideas regarding this issue. Not worth the rehash, just going to say this isn't going to be resolved until the criminal charges have been cleared. There is enough reason to believe Americans will eventually return to cheque play. The only thing unclear is the timing.

And yes, I miss the league. Will be interesting to see what reaction the PSO will have when we do return.

If I remember right, the idea of a chip league has been broached many times and it is not going to happen. PSO claims they are unable to track results without a cash prize. So forget that idea.

Considering the insults and vulgarity allowed by PokerStars in their millenium hand promotion, banning chat is something I support. Sure wish the site ENFORCED such a restriction on the millenium hands. Worse part is that the site claimed they cannot record or see observer chat, so imagine the comments some of our bad boys, both American and non-American, would be making if observer chat was allowed.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.