PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Dive In The Pool-----Empty!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1st Dive In The Pool-----Empty!!!!!

    Sure could use a helping hand.
    I decided to play my first game today.I was a little leery,though,as to how to go about it.Couldn't find any instructions anyplace.
    Don't get me wrong.The poker theorys,lessons,posts,etc.,are excellent,but do little as far as getting a firm grip on the basics of participating.
    The just started 1pm PSO Open allowed registering to start at 12:45.Within seconds there were 3000+,but I hit the green tab pretty quickly.A pop-up appeared telling me this was a freeroll game,I clicked OK,and waited.
    Nothing.
    Mmmm!Maybe everything gets initiated when the seats are assigned at 12:59?
    So I clicked on the list of names,as it showed the game was full.
    But mine wasn't anywhere!
    What the ....?
    The seats were assigned,the game started.................w/o me.
    Any ideas?
    Barry

  • #2
    You need to be quick when registering.

    A trick I used to use is having the tourney lobby open 2 minutes before registration.
    If you know where the register button appears once the registration starts then you have a jump on a lot of members. Just start clicking that 30 seconds before it hits 15 minutes before the start.

    Once you do this click ok on the pop up and you should be good to go.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks,
      I did have the tourney window opened,and watched for the green tab to appear,but maybe I was just not as quick as I thought I needed to be!
      I'll try at 5 again.
      GL on the felt!
      Barry

      Comment


      • #4
        I haven't played these in months,so have no idea how quick they load.
        When I played the fastest they loaded was 3 minutes.But I have heard rumblings from others that it is hard to register these days.

        Comment


        • #5
          So,what happens anyways?After you click the OK.Just wait?
          Barry

          Comment


          • #6
            do they still need a ticket? I have not played in months lol

            Comment


            • #7
              *** moved due to being a league game question JWK24***
              Super-Moderator



              6 Time Bracelet Winner


              Comment


              • #8
                I agree with Cookies, open the tourney lobby a couple min before registration starts, then when the 'register' button comes up, hit it immediately. Wait until you see your name registered, before closing the lobby, if you don't leave it open on your screen (at least I do when I play games that fill up fast).

                I'll bring this up to see if we can allow additional players in the tournies, so that registration won't fill as quickly.
                Super-Moderator



                6 Time Bracelet Winner


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TheShadoooow View Post
                  So,what happens anyways?After you click the OK.Just wait? Barry
                  After you click the green register bar, the OK/CANCEL window will appear in center so start moving your cursor there, and after you click it, you will (hopefully) see another window pop up that will say you're registered. It may take a short time for that confirmation window to appear. Once it does, you know you're in, but if it doesn't, then you missed registration. This was brought up before, so thank you for bringing it up again. As JW said, it will be discussed. umbup:
                  Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
                  do they still need a ticket? I have not played in months lol
                  No ticket is required to play in the Open League.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks JWK24 & !!!111Dan,
                    Maddening thing is,some of the PSO Open League tourneys get less than 9000 at times.
                    Barry

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by !!!111Dan View Post
                      After you click the green register bar, the OK/CANCEL window will appear in center so start moving your cursor there, and after you click it, you will (hopefully) see another window pop up that will say you're registered. It may take a short time for that confirmation window to appear. Once it does, you know you're in, but if it doesn't, then you missed registration. This was brought up before, so thank you for bringing it up again. As JW said, it will be discussed. umbup: No ticket is required to play in the Open League.
                      When registering for ANY Tournament, have the lobby open before registration begins, hover your cursor over the place where the register bar will appear. When the register button appears left click, and without moving your cursor, depress your SPACE BAR twice, this will confirm your registration. A NEW bar will then appear under your cursor arrow, which now says unregister. This means that you have successfully registered for the tourney. If the unregister button is there, then there is no need to check the list of players to see if your name is there. Using the above method, it takes approximately ONE SECOND to register. umbup:
                      3 Time Bracelet Winner


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Will give this a shot,BC!
                        Thanks!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Worked like a charm!!!
                          Barry

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            ive got that once as well, if I know I am going to play it I have it open 45-30 mins before register starts, its pretty easy to come in, just click the button as soon as it appears and register.

                            Always check if ur name is on the list and just keep the lobby open, it wont hurt your computer to leave it open on the taskbar right?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bill Curran View Post
                              When registering for ANY Tournament, have the lobby open before registration begins, hover your cursor over the place where the register bar will appear. When the register button appears left click, and without moving your cursor, depress your SPACE BAR twice, this will confirm your registration. A NEW bar will then appear under your cursor arrow, which now says unregister. This means that you have successfully registered for the tourney. If the unregister button is there, then there is no need to check the list of players to see if your name is there. Using the above method, it takes approximately ONE SECOND to register. umbup:
                              That is a great tip Bill!! umbup:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.