PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Member of the Month Promotion discussion thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member of the Month Promotion discussion thread

Howdy Folks,

Looks like a good promo, but l would like to put someone up for it, l don't think you should put yourself up for it, maybe because l don't meet the requirements ....hehe

But seriously, most of the peeps are American or work for the pso already, that l would put up, l'm going to have to read it again, maybe a few times...hehe

just my fast 2 cents

cheers
    Last edited by TOO2COO; Tue Jan 03, 2012, 02:47 AM. Reason: Title Change
    Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Sounds like a sweet deal! just remember if you win you will have a lot of work to do, either writing essays, or making videos.. ohh and playing some sweet tourneys!

Comment

Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
      Sounds like a sweet deal! just remember if you win you will have a lot of work to do, either writing essays, or making videos.. ohh and playing some sweet tourneys!
      Only if he wants to double is prize will he have a lot of work

Comment

yes correct, but he/she would be silly to not want to double the prize

Comment

So the PSO has gone on a promo to bribe members into participating in the league.
          Bloggers get a reward and now we will have members copy and pasting articles like they wrote it to get a reward.

Going to be honest here,if your not on the pay roll or a mod,you really havent offered the forum anything worth getting a reward.Should add Americans as well.

Whats next points for responding to threads that turn into a form of rakeback at the end of the month?

Comment

Originally posted by Deleted user View Post
            So the PSO has gone on a promo to bribe members into participating in the league.
            Bloggers get a reward and now we will have members copy and pasting articles like they wrote it to get a reward.

Going to be honest here,if your not on the pay roll or a mod,you really havent offered the forum anything worth getting a reward.Should add Americans as well.

Whats next points for responding to threads that turn into a form of rakeback at the end of the month?
            Meh I dont mind that so much, they are trying to promote the place, I hope people dont steal articles from others to try and win though, that could be a real nightmare lol

The first person I thought of as a player of the week type was Moxie Pip, but he isn't eligible

And I would think/ hope that employees, or anyone receiving anything from pso would not be eligible... that would really open up a can of conspiracy theory's

I like the last point you had... I would be rich!!

Comment

yep, mox and many others,

just don't want to forget a name, so many peeps that help, l think l will let others put them up

it's going to be interesting tho, but l still think it's a good promo

cheers
              Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Im not against the promo as much as how its going to define the forum in the long run.

We keep throwing money at a problem hoping something will get fixed with out thinking about the real issues.Most members dont even look at their email or the forum so you have lost them off the jump. The members you do attract will be looking for money and when the promo stops they are going to split and cause a disruption on their way out.

Players need to make videos to double the amount. Well thats going lose a lot of people due to computer restraints or lack of know how. The biggest ticket is a Omaha ticket again,how many players have been taught how to play Omaha here to the extent that they can beat it at this level?

Whatever I guess,good luck to those that win and its nice to see a PSO Admin post every 6 months.Keep up the good work!

Comment

The video is for every event?
                  Curious as well to see how many members can play a full day with out punting their tourneys.

Doesnt say anything about not picking mods or trainers,in fact it doesnt say anything about who cant apply.

Nominations:

1.PSO Admin
                  2. PSO staff
                  3. the German PSO copy and paste dude
                  4. PSO Team(Just because I want to know who that is)

Comment

Who is the "PokerSchool Community Coordinator"?

New position?

Comment

**Moved**

Hey gang, this thread was moved to our PSO Support Center as it deals with questions about a PSO promotion.

Dan

Comment

Hey everyone,

to answer your questions:
                        1.) PSO Staff members (including Mods, Trainers, Admins) are ineligible.
                        2.) In order to double your prize package you have two(!) different choices:
                        a) Write a full Blog Report on each of the 7 Tournaments you've played in, showing key hands and exit hands (min 100 words per tournament).
                        b) Create two 30 minute Session Videos of yourself playing in these events, showing your hole cards and vocally explaining your thought process.
                        So you don't have to record any videos if you lack of technical knowledge and you only have to record 2 out of 7 if you choose this option.
                        3.) Every community of the PokerStars Pokerschool network is managed by a community coordinator. The community coordinator for PSO is Christin. We will publish a whole staff overview shortly.

Enjoy PSO!
                        Christopher
                        Last edited by !!!111Dan; Mon Nov 14, 2011, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PSOGefallener View Post
                          Hey everyone,

to answer your questions:
                          1.) PSO Staff members (including Mods, Trainers, Admins) are ineligible.
                          2.) In order to double your price package you have two(!) different choices:
                          a) Write a full Blog Report on each of the 7 Tournaments you've played in, showing key hands and exit hands (min 100 words per tournament).
                          b) Create two 30 minute Session Videos of yourself playing in these events, showing your hole cards and vocally explaining your thought process.
                          So you don't have to record any videos if you lack of technical knowlede and you only have to record 2 out of 7 if you choose this option.
                          3.) Every community of the PokerStars Pokerschool network is managed by a community coordinator. The community coordinator for PSO is Christin. We will publish a whole staff overview shortly.

Enjoy PSO!
                          Christopher

Is there any technical information on PSO on how to record session videos?

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
                          4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Recording Game Sessions Please go to http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia3-1...FRNb7AodlgxLhQ and download the FREE TRIAL of Camtasia. It is a 30 day trial and should be enough time to record your submission video. There is also a suite of small tutorials available to you as well. It is fairly simple to use. Hope this helps.

Comment

Hedgehog has got to respond. Even if I'm an ineligible American, some things need saying.

Hardly call it a bribe. I'm thinking most of the players involved already have a blog via PokerStars. Copying isn't a help since everything has a time stamp. Sure, you could alter the wording, but that would be too much trouble to most members.

I'll disagree here. I can think of several members that have gone above and beyond. Not sure which would be considered eligible, but that isn't the issue. There are people that deserve recognition and this is a nice way of doing it.

Would love to see Americans considered, but we need to wait for the fellow wearing the black robe to make a decision. (Seven months, and counting. Yet to get past the charges.)

We keep throwing money at a problem hoping something will get fixed with out thinking about the real issues.Most members dont even look at their email or the forum so you have lost them off the jump. The members you do attract will be looking for money and when the promo stops they are going to split and cause a disruption on their way out.
                              I'm going to put the ball in your court. What should be done? Members are already notified twice whenever there is a message. If they are not members of the forum, they are not eligible.

Should our site get inundated with members during the promotion, no harm done. Think of your experiences on a new forum: a flury of messages and responses to threads followed by a gradual decline until you leave. Only those with the desire to contribute will remain, which is the PSO's intention. Been on many a forum and that is the usual pattern. Heavy load during a promotion followed by the disappearance of those who realize membership involves work.

Finally, I thought it nice offering so many events as a package. I'm thinking many here would be honored receiving their choice of just one of the tickets. Heck, I learned Omaha by dealing it. Now I use the play money games to learn playing. We might not have lessons yet, but if that particular game generates enough interest, that could be the next thing offered.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.