PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10th Anniversary Freeroll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10th Anniversary Freeroll

I played one of these yesterday, not quite realising what it was, then found out you are only allowed to play one a day and each only gives 10 tickets. So today I plan my 'simple' strategy - any premium hand getting shoved, expecting calls. Of course I get some decent cards first hand so stick to the plan....
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    Back to the drawing board. Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

good strategy, bad luck, thanks for telling me there are freerolls for this. havent logged on this month yet, this evening is gonna be the first time umbup:

Comment

**moved**
      Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TOO2COO View Post
        **moved**

I think you got this one wrong Brian, I believe that this is just a general observation.

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Was just going to say move madness has broken out

Comment

TOO2COO is going to be busy moving my guff from general forum, there are so many options now I can't decide where to put most of my posts.

Feel free to move them anywhere you think fits.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
            4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Curran View Post
              I think you got this one wrong Brian, I believe that this is just a general observation.

we moving alot of stuff around it not madness we do have a plan

Have a great day guys
              Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

we moving alot of stuff around it not madness we do have a plan Have a great day guys
                I'll take your word for it. Have fun umbup:

Comment

Have a great day guys

Blindfolds and a dartboard equals a plan. Who knew?

Comment

1st hand tried your plan of attack Alas no takers

Comment

Have a great day guys

MAYBE IF YOU LET US IN ON THE PLAN YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO MOVE SO MANY

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

Anybody have any luck getting a ticket yet? Those freerolls are so wild - and only 10 tickets for 2500 people. On the other hand, the 10FPP thingie has 20 tickets with only about 200 people. But it's packed with Supernovas. I just tried one and got so nervous, I could barely play Some nice prizes in the weekly final - the Caribbean Adventure, and then some nice cash too ... I guess there's always the free ticket for making a deposit GL on the weekly tomorrow for anybody who managed to get a ticket!! umbup:

Comment

Hate to brag but i've got two but it was hard work getting them.

If you've got any bankroll try the 10c tourneys,they also award 20 seats and they are equally sparsely populated, although two i played had ps pros playing (hint: they will only play cat 1 hands and then allin,everything else folded).

GL to you in future.

Comment

boobylops - thx sooooo much for posting that tip!!! Made all the difference - I managed to get a ticket ... so happy!!! There was a pro playing in the games I was playing too - WizardofAhhs ... he's the one with 'The House' There was *only* one Supernova at my table ... who was showing his stars in my first game. But the style of play was so different from what I'm used to - just so many more raises and 3bets. And not shovey in the bingo-style of the freerolls either, but all like calculated and controlled. I had this one hand in the first game against a silver star, and it felt like something got lost in translation: It was like they gave me no credit whatsover for possibly having the 8 - otherwise why would they play the way they did with only 25% chance of winning the hand, with the reraise ... so did they put me on a pair at best? And then by the time I shoved, was it too late to look like a value bet rather than bluffy or something? So I was out of that first one soon after that - and then I saw your comment with the tip at the start of the next game and revised my play: I never play like, but it worked! umbup: I guess that's something to keep in mind for the weekly game - that the play might be different from what so many of us might be more used to? Thx again boobylops for posting the tip - I don't think I'd have managed to get the ticket if you hadn't shared that, even with the crazy great luck PS These qualifiers remind me of the ones for that Game of Your Life promotion they had about 6 months ago, except these seem to have way more higher level players - I guess because of those $15,000 Tournament packages? With GOYL, I remember managing to get a ticket for the first one after only a couple of tries because I was running good, but then in the next weeks I wasn't always able to get a ticket on time after more than a couple of tries. So it's nice to be able to still have that option to get a ticket for making a deposit to have the chance for at least one more week too umbup: Gonna start earlier this time though and try to get more tickets too Sam
                            Last edited by TrustySam; Sun Nov 06, 2011, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.