PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stars...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stars...

Anybody know what's the stars on the Top Left of the players mean? I see alot it recently...

Top left of avatar at the table?
    One in the top middle means the player is on .net.
    Don't think I've seen the top left though. Didn't play since Saturday.

Comment

I believe for some themes, such as the new nova ones, the "dot net" star has been moved from the top to the left side. I'm also finding it the fastest way to locate the American players. Strangely enough, I'm still operating through the "dot com" link. Been hearing rumors that PokerStars is hunting down those of us who haven't switched and are shifting us over to that site.

Comment

One in the top middle means the player is on .net.
        You sure about that?
        I see quite a few of them in money tourneys... or at least in freerolls for money, not too sure, I thought you couldn't play for real money at all on the .net

Also I use to get them sometimes for no apparent reason, probably just in play money tourney yes, but I never used the .net.

Comment

Originally posted by Maj. D Zastr View Post
          You sure about that?
          I see quite a few of them in money tourneys... or at least in freerolls for money, not too sure, I thought you couldn't play for real money at all on the .net

Also I use to get them sometimes for no apparent reason, probably just in play money tourney yes, but I never used the .net.
          Generally yes, a white single star in the middle top of the avatar means this. However, it has been questioned to glitch once in a while for a long time.
          The explanation of the new theme may be the answer to the question. I don't use one.

Comment

** Moved **

Comment

The glitch star.
              I actually called it that a while ago, as it puzzled me in its randomness, I was asking around (in chat) and getting no explanation.

So I'm getting curious again here, as present explanations don't quite solve the mystery.
              And I'm not one to leave a mystery unsolved... actually that's not quite true, if I weren't I'd be totally insane by now (as opposed to only partially insane), but still, even if the explanation is just the glitch star, I'm still curious, I get this silly Sherlock itch you know, if anyone got some more clues, this isn't bad for a mystery thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Cairn Destop View Post
                I believe for some themes, such as the new nova ones, the "dot net" star has been moved from the top to the left side. I'm also finding it the fastest way to locate the American players. Strangely enough, I'm still operating through the "dot com" link. Been hearing rumors that PokerStars is hunting down those of us who haven't switched and are shifting us over to that site.
                WHY WOULD THEY BOTHER ?? YOU STILL CAN'T PLAY FOR MONEY

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

You CAN play in the freerolls for money on the .net version. You just CANNOT join REAL MONEY games, with a buy in, on the .net. I started with the .net version, and started my Bankroll with the freerolls, then switched to the .com client so that I could access the REAL MONEY games. Americans CANNOT play for money on either of the versions, whether it be freeroll or not, at the moment. umbup:umbup:
                  3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Noted. Tq for the info.umbup:

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.