PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women Featured in The Big Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women Featured in The Big Game

The latest article by Jen Shahade features women who have competed on The Big Game with players like Daniel Negreanu and Phil Hellmuth.

One of the women was Courtney Gee, and an excerpt from the article describes her play since the show:

Since the show, Courtney has increased her volume and says she feels like a different player, "I've learned to hand-read better, and (deepened) my understanding of stack-sizes and position." She's also posted a number of stellar results on PokerStars this summer, including 1st place in a $44 15K guaranteed Turbo, chopping a $11 Rebuy for almost 10K and final tabling a $162 freezeout.

Courtney also plays the Women's Sunday every week. "I'm really impressed that Stars has worked so hard to involve women. I hope more women start playing poker. I just think it's an amazing game. "

Read the entire article here.

yeah courtney gee was pretty pathetic in the big game imo. said she wanted to be a pro, but she folded every hand. did get it in good on one hand with pocket pair over pocket pair, but the other guy hit a set to beat her. i never knew what her plan was, what with her folding so much.

Comment

thanks for the article. I enjoyed it!

Comment

It's nice to see another up and coming female! Anyone would be proud to have those results under their belt.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.