PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women's only events in PSO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Women's only events in PSO

    We would like to get some feedback from the Women in PSO.

    With the new PokerStars Women's League promotion commencing in February we would like to hear back from the Ladies in PSO if you might be interested in having your own Women's challenge in PSO.

    We welcome your feedback.

    Thank you
    Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration


  • #2
    think its a great idea
    3 Time Bracelet Winner


    Comment


    • #3
      I Love the New Women's League

      They listened to everything we said, lowered the buy-in, added freerolls, what's not to like?? I'm really interested now.

      Good luck!
      Bracelet Winner


      Comment


      • #4
        Great Idea!!!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          I Cannot Find Info

          I have looked all over the site & clicked every link I could find. I have e-mailed Support twice and gotten conflicting answers. When is the Women's League starting and where is the information posted? Support told me the League was postponed indefinitely; the PSO site said it was starting Feb 7 & I read two different stories about where the tournaments were listed - under Tournays - All and under Tourneys - Private. Neither tab has Women's League Tournaments listed for Feb 7. It is frustrating to be unable to find accurate and up-to-date information anywhere.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'd love to see a PSO for women, as long as it wasn't as high a buy-in as the regular one on Pokerstars.

            Dawn

            Comment


            • #7
              Great Idea
              Originally posted by joy7108 View Post
              They listened to everything we said, lowered the buy-in, added freerolls, what's not to like?? I'm really interested now. Good luck!
              I agree with Joy. They listened to everything we asked for. This should be a great place for us women who are newer to poker who want to compete, but also wanted to practice good bankroll management. The buy-ins are perfect for this. I'm looking forward to participating! umbup:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by PSO Admin View Post
                We would like to get some feedback from the Women in PSO.

                With the new PokerStars Women's League promotion commencing in February we would like to hear back from the Ladies in PSO if you might be interested in having your own Women's challenge in PSO.

                We welcome your feedback.

                Thank you

                With respect to women, why is it that they need a special league to play?..... are you going to be making a special men's league also?, you all cried for womens lib, you got it, now you all want special treatment again,.....women, they can't make up their minds. What's sexist to do to 1 sex, is also sexist to do to the other sex.

                just keeping it real....

                Stake

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by L_Goose52 View Post
                  I have looked all over the site & clicked every link I could find. I have e-mailed Support twice and gotten conflicting answers. When is the Women's League starting and where is the information posted? Support told me the League was postponed indefinitely; the PSO site said it was starting Feb 7 & I read two different stories about where the tournaments were listed - under Tournays - All and under Tourneys - Private. Neither tab has Women's League Tournaments listed for Feb 7. It is frustrating to be unable to find accurate and up-to-date information anywhere.
                  Hi Goose,

                  You can find them under Tourney->Private. Starts Feb. 7. Name is PS Women's League. $1.10 and .10 cent fees and a few freerolls on Sundays (Feb. 13, 20, 27).

                  Good Luck.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Awesome!

                    I would love for there to be some free rolls, etc. Can't wait to hear more about it!

                    Thanks for taking the suggestion seriously!

                    Travelation

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by annie_22at90 View Post
                      Hi Goose,

                      You can find them under Tourney->Private. Starts Feb. 7. Name is PS Women's League. $1.10 and .10 cent fees and a few freerolls on Sundays (Feb. 13, 20, 27).

                      Good Luck.
                      Thanks, Annie! I didn't know they lowered the fees. Now, that's a price I can handle!

                      Dawn

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
                        With respect to women, why is it that they need a special league to play?..... are you going to be making a special men's league also?, you all cried for womens lib, you got it, now you all want special treatment again,.....women, they can't make up their minds. What's sexist to do to 1 sex, is also sexist to do to the other sex.

                        just keeping it real....

                        Stake
                        We don't "NEED" a special league, many women are doing just fine in the regular tourneys. Are you saying that if there was a men only league you wouldn't play it? I never asked for a special league, but if there's money to be won I'm going to play. Pokerstars has promotions for Canadians only, Americans only, etc. This is their way of attracting more women to poker.

                        BTW, not all women agreed with womens lib, there were good things and bad. Men and women are different, and always will be. As long as we treat each other with respect there should be no problem.

                        Good luck!!
                        Bracelet Winner


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I am excited! I wanted to play in the woman's league, but the $5.50 was a little too steep for me. I am still learning and the PSO has been a great start. I look forward to hearing more!
                          ~Kimberly

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I agree with the rat ( stakehorse ) I guess you don't think the girls are as good as the boys. Can't handle the big guys huh, need your own league cause you can't play as good as the guys. can't take the nasty chat then block it. but if you think your really not good enough to play with the guys maybe you should have your own soft league, you know lower prize pool less standards. maybe bigger starting stack, longer time bank. WE WOULD ALL LIKE THIS, maybe lower wages too put your bra's back on and stay out of the army too. sounds great your own private puss league.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jimmi page View Post
                              I agree with the rat ( stakehorse ) I guess you don't think the girls are as good as the boys. Can't handle the big guys huh, need your own league cause you can't play as good as the guys. can't take the nasty chat then block it. but if you think your really not good enough to play with the guys maybe you should have your own soft league, you know lower prize pool less standards. maybe bigger starting stack, longer time bank. WE WOULD ALL LIKE THIS, maybe lower wages too put your bra's back on and stay out of the army too. sounds great your own private puss league.
                              jimmi! the above quote is proof that sometimes keeping your mouth shut makes you look smarter.
                              FYI - PS has had a women's league for quite some time.. the buy-ins were $5.50 and $55
                              for regular league play - not freerolls like the PSO
                              In my opinion, it's fun playing with the ladies - i'm sure you would agree (given the opportunity you might otherwise seldom get) we're friendly, courteous and respectful to oneanother.
                              we do play in the PSO and do put up with the BS.
                              we do kick ass, and send our opposition to the rail too.
                              you think the league is soft because women are curvey? or that we'll let you muscle us out of our chips just because you're male? keep thinking that way...
                              see you at the tables

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.