PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

Prizepool Madness Freeroll

Prizepool Madness Freeroll

On March 31st, the Prizepool Madness Freeroll will take place. The current prize pool is a hefty $10,000, but with your help we will grow this. Can we count on you?

See more
See less

Start time for league and school pass games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start time for league and school pass games

The start time for League and School Pass Games needs to be moved to later in the day or on weekends I and many other players on the west coast work from 9 to 5 and due to start times are unable to play. Moving start times to 18:30 or 19:00 pst would be optimal for the west coast. Thank you

Hi Pheonix5759,

Thank you for your post, and I understand your frustration. The times that we have at the moment are not accidental however, we've put a lot of though into when is the best time for the majority of our active members to play tournaments. Unfortunately, as this school has members from all over the world, it's not possible to create tournaments that will suit everyone, and we can only create ones that will keep the vast majority happy.

We do of course keep monitoring this all the time and we make tweaks where appropriate. I hope you understand and thank you for your time in leaving your feedback for us, it's very much appreciated.

Comment

The League games at least, are Canada Only and have a start time of 16:05 or 4:05 in the afternoon pst which as I said excludes players from the west coast. Perhaps the start time could be alternated so everyone gets a chance to play.

Comment

Canada is such a huge place, covering a lot of time zones, I will certainly pass your suggestion on.

Comment

Here in Tokyo, it's even worse. To play the School Pass EN games, I have to be prepared for a 3:05 a.m. start. Surely, there can be more than one of these tourneys per day with a 12-hour offset or something. While I'm definitely a morning person, the recent time zone shift basically makes my school passes utterly useless.

Comment

Originally posted by 608xperience View Post
            Here in Tokyo, it's even worse.
            Yes, it's hardest for players in Japan. Unfortunately there's only 5-6 players playing the league from that region, so it wouldn't warrant creating tournaments just for that time zone. I will pass on your feedback though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pheonix5759 View Post
              The start time for League and School Pass Games needs to be moved to later in the day or on weekends I and many other players on the west coast work from 9 to 5 and due to start times are unable to play. Moving start times to 18:30 or 19:00 pst would be optimal for the west coast. Thank you
              That would make it a 23:00 or 23:30 NST start time for others on the East Coast of Canada... just sayin...
              Last edited by EasyChips4U; Mon Mar 11, 2019, 12:23 PM. Reason: typo
              5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.