PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The League 2018 - FAQ & Support Thread (NEW)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The League 2018 - FAQ & Support Thread (NEW)

Starting from July, PokerStars School will introduce a series of changes to The League. The new leagues are designed with the same purpose as the previous ones, establishing a space for players to learn, practice their poker skills, and become winning players.

You can find out more about the changes HERE.

Please use this thread to post any questions you may have about the new The League format. To help you here is a list of the top 5 questions that Support receive about the changes so far.

Q1. - Why has the overall monthly prize pool been reduced?
    We plan to evaluate the prizes of the leagues on a regular basis, if more players participate we will likely increase the prizes. We will use the remaining prize-pool for other promotions such as Spin & Goal & Common Cents that are running right now.

Q2. - I won $300 during the June league, will I still receive my prize in cash?
    Yes the new leagues start in July.

Q3. - What if I don't like playing Spin & Gos, can I exchange my prize for cash?
    No prizes cannot be exchanged, however all Spin & Go prizes are paid in cash.

Q4. - Why is there a buy-in for the Masters tournaments?
    To make the tournament more elite, the Masters tournament is aimed at more intermediate players with increased added value. First place is easier to achieve now.

Q.5 - What's the reason for two levels if there's no need to be promoted, why not just have one leaderboard each month with a bigger prizepool instead of splitting it?
    We want the ability to offer something solely for our new members, after 3 months of joining the PokerStars School you will not be able to play the Initiation league.
    Last edited by royalraise85; Fri Jun 22, 2018, 11:18 AM.

well...…..not sure what to think...…... I will give it a shot and maybe comment on this change next month......but my Fast Comment is negative, so I will keep it to myself cheers all
    Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

gday all ..wow big change...maybe with buy in ,there will be a little better play...only 32 games is short month....thanks darrell
      11 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by lewis99 View Post
        only 32 games is short month....thanks darrell
        Exactly Darrell, as I posted over in Discord earlier today the league format was completely impossible for a beginner to have any chance of doing well. In fact, to win the Masters it would almost be a full-time job.

The League changes were necessary. I understand that it won't suit some established players who have been playing now for a couple of years but the league system as stood was totally unfriendly to new beginning players. Let's face it, to win anything substantial in the league it would have to be a full-time job for a player.

As a poker school we have a responsibility to provide a platform for beginners and give THEM an opportunity too. The purpose of the new The League is to help our new members, practice poker, use the strategy learnt within our courses/articles and become confident winning players so they can then move up in tournaments and play against already experienced players.

The league system as it stood unfortunately did not provide that opportunity for them.

The League will be very much still there for established players too and I think that $2,500 worth of Spin & Go tickets as a top prize every month is a pretty darn good incentive to play for, without it being a full-time job.

Comment

Hopefully I can make high school this month..
          ​​604

Comment

Originally posted by $tackkill604 View Post
            Hopefully I can make high school this month..
            This month, as in June? You're currently #1580 in the Elementary leader-board for June which is really good going! Everyone starts off in the Initiation level for next month's new format league.

Comment

no prob..royal...just wonderin if a buy in will increase number of players..past history seems not...p. s. i miss our homegames..play and cash lol thanks darrell
              11 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by lewis99 View Post
                no prob..royal...just wonderin if a buy in will increase number of players..past history seems not...p. s. i miss our homegames..play and cash lol thanks darrell
                Probably not, but that's a good thing. If there's a small buy-in of even only $0.25c it should really improve the quality of play in the Masters tournaments and make it more enjoyable for those that want to take the tournaments seriously. It's still small as buy-ins go so there will always be an element of the 'bingo player' but this change should really help reduce that factor.

Comment

Hopefully I can get my first league win soon.
                  ​​604

Comment

"Q3. - What if I don't like playing Spin & Gos, can I exchange my prize for cash?
                    No prizes cannot be exchanged, however all Spin & Go prizes are paid in cash."

Doesn't answer the first part of the question. What if I don't like "Spin & Go?" So basically "Tuff luck, no alternative ticket even!!!"

Think I'm with Effsea, not impressed

Is that why the comments on the league page has vanished???

Comment

@MalMayhem

We understand that these changes won't suit some players but it's impossible to keep everyone happy. For a new player to have a chance to win $2,500 worth of Spin & Go tickets we think that's a great incentive. Of course, if a player really REALLY doesn't like Spin & Go's then they shouldn't play the new League format.

Spin & Go's are fun though, and with that amount of tickets, the monthly winners stand a really good chance of turning them into a lot of FREE cash!

Also, welcome to the poker forum, I see it's your 1st post. Great to see you here and thanks for posting!

Comment

Thanks for your reply Royalraise85 and the welcome to the forum.

Rather than giving just "Spin & Go" tickets, why can't you have a selection of game tickets or single/multi table tournament tickets or add credits to the tournament cash credits?

Comment

Originally posted by MalMayhem View Post
                          Rather than giving just "Spin & Go" tickets, why can't you have a selection of game tickets or single/multi table tournament tickets or add credits to the tournament cash credits?
                          I'd imagine the logic is simply to promote Spin & Go's to beginners. They are really popular now, especially for beginners, and to be honest it will be easier for beginners to make real cash out of their Spin & Go tickets than it would be if they were to play standard MTT's, which can be very discouraging to new players. It's also less time consuming for them, as they are beginners most of them would be recreational players. More experienced players tend to play the regular MTT's.

Unfortunately it's not possible for us to split it up, it would have to be Spin & Go tickets or MTT tickets, not a mixture of both, and we know that Spin tickets would be the preferred option for the vast majority of our membership.

Comment

Any changes to masters blind levels and starting stack, some sic puppy in chat said new masters was going to be an all in shootout.
                            5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

@royalraise85
                              Do you know what the time limit will be on the prize tickets won?

cheers
                              Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.