PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Big Bang $5,000 Poker Tournament 2015/16 - Discussion Page

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Bang $5,000 Poker Tournament 2015/16 - Discussion Page

[IMG]//media.intellipoker.com/images_content/all-in-one/articles/en/Promo%20600x200/the_big_bang_600x200.png[/IMG] The Big Bang is Back !
    With all the energy of a cosmic poker event of gigantic proportions the 'Big Bang' tournament is back for 2014 and promises to be explosive! The tournaments are exclusive to members of PokerStars poker schools only and will boast a huge prize pool each and every month. Although these tournaments are restricted every member of PokerSchoolOnline will have an opportunity to earn their Main Event seat and details of how to do this can be found below. WHEN AND WHERE Each 'Big Bang' tournament will be held on the second Saturday of each month and can be found in the PokerStars client under the Tourney > Private tab. How do I win a Main Event seat? There are three ways that you can qualify for the Big Bang Main Event each month as follows: Big Bang Stamps - Members that contribute excellent content to PokerSchoolOnline may be rewarded with a Big Bang Stamp. For example, many Star Blogs receive a stamp each month. Open Skill League Qualification - PokerSchoolOnline will reward any player who finishes in the TOP 400 of three consecutive Open League tournaments played by you during any month with a ticket to the following months 'Big Bang' tournament. School Pass Satellites - Satellite your way into the Monthly Big Bang with 'School Pass' satellites running at 13:30 and 17:30 ET every Thursday & Sunday. Each satellite will guarantee 9 tickets to the Main Event. This is where you can find the complete Terms and Conditions for this promotion.
    Last edited by royalraise85; Thu Jan 29, 2015, 11:59 AM.
    2 Time Bracelet Winner

Howdy poky,

Silly question time........l was looking at the game on the 11th, and there is an $11 buy in, so do you need to buy in plus have the ticket?, or just buy in?....l'm so confused

cheers
    Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by effsea View Post
      Howdy poky, Silly question time........l was looking at the game on the 11th, and there is an $11 buy in, so do you need to buy in plus have the ticket?, or just buy in?....l'm so confused cheers
      Hey Effsea, There's no tickets this year. PokerSchoolOnline will seat all eligible players directly into the Main Event each month. For every player seated PokerSchoolOnline will add $10 to the prize pool. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Do we have any idea what sort of numbers are expected to make it into the Big Bang this year with the Satellites running?

Comment

seems a much better entry structure now with sattys too, much fairer for everybody, some people are not great writers etc, some may just written in the hope of an entry, Thanks to the hive mind that came up with that..
          I would think that it would be difficult to anticipate field size accurately at this stage though, surely no way of knowing how many people will exercise the choice to play the sats.. unless basing an approximation on the guarantees i.e 2 x 10 x number of days in month + previous avg field size?
          Last edited by stix144; Thu Jan 02, 2014, 11:07 PM.

Comment

I cant remember exactly how many recent Big Bangs were getting, maybe around 300. In which case with the 5k guarantee Stars was putting in $16.67 per player, now its only $10.
            That said the satellites guarantee it will be a lot bigger in February, but we'll be paying for them with FPPs.
            Seems bigger isn't always better.

Comment

Originally posted by stix144 View Post
              seems a much better entry structure now with sattys too, Thanks to the hive mind that came up with that..
              I would think that it would be difficult to anticipate field size accurately at this stage though, surely no way of knowing how many people will exercise the choice to play the sats.. unless basing an approximation on the guarantees i.e 2 x 10 x number of days in month + previous avg field size?
              I'd imagine they came up with some sort of approximation when they came up with the new format.

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
                I'd imagine they came up with some sort of approximation when they came up with the new format.
                my comment reflected that...

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
                  Do we have any idea what sort of numbers are expected to make it into the Big Bang this year with the Satellites running?
                  With the sattys running estimated between 600 - 800 each month for the Main Event Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hello PSOers,

When I was made aware of the changes for the big bang I ask myself some of the questions above.

I think the last couple of Big Bangs had around 400 runners or so.

I like the new format as I think as we move on in the year we will see bigger fields and this making the prize pool bigger then the $5k of the old big bang

Only time will really tell what happens but looks like a great spot to spend some FPPs and make a run at some cash.

As always Cannon, Greg, and myself will continue to bring you the Final Table of each Big Bang.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

T2C
                    Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Profess Awe View Post
                      I cant remember exactly how many recent Big Bangs were getting, maybe around 300. In which case with the 5k guarantee Stars was putting in $16.67 per player, now its only $10. That said the satellites guarantee it will be a lot bigger in February, but we'll be paying for them with FPPs. Seems bigger isn't always better.
                      Originally posted by royalraise85 View Post
                      With the sattys running estimated between 600 - 800 each month for the Main Event Raiser umbup:
                      I recall 300-350 a month previously with ticket value around $16. With 600-800 predicted and ticket worth $11, I'm in agreement with Profess Awe. Sounds like it was a better deal in 2013. Not that I am complaining. Free tickets are free tickets. Just might be a little dishonest to say this is an improvement. Thanks for offering this freeroll and good luck to everyone earning your tickets!

Comment

I note that we also get VPP's for qualifying for the Big Bang this year. I don't think we got any last year did we?

Every little helps so 5.5 VPP's for writing a blog, with the added potential of winning money too, still seems like excellent value.

The only downsides I can see with the new format is that the incessant time banking in the hour leading up to the bubble will be increased. The bubble will last longer, I'm not an expert on tournament structures having moved almost exclusively to cash, but it seems like the post bubble tournament will play more like a Hyper-Turbo than ever.

That said, its a freeroll, I'll never play the sats so I will just have to blog my little heart out.

Comment

Happy to stand corrected if I am wrong, but I think the improvement mainly lies in having levelled the playing field in terms of entry methods?

question? at first glance, 10 seats guaranteed per sat, possibly.. seems high so if there is too much overlay on a regular basis, will you be adjusting the guaranteed seats or just rolling with the punches?

Edit: The minds upstairs might have noticed this already but the satty lobby's also state, total prize pool of 700fpp which only equates to 1 seat gtd. If one seat equates to 700fpp.

So if That's right 10 x 700 should that be a total prize pool of 7000fpp with 100 players + anticipated per satty?

And if they do attract less players, in their current state, will the auto seat allocation still work correctly and allocate the full 10 seats.. or just 1 seat + the additional total fpp value from buy ins over the 700fpp total prize pool currently stated?

Thanks
                          Last edited by stix144; Fri Jan 03, 2014, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Looks like this game will offer fantastic value.....

Approx 400 players getting in the 'traditional' way

Approx 400 players buying in direct or through sats.

$8k + in the pot....whats not to love?

Comment

Big Bang is still BIGGGGGGGGG for me I'm not good in writing blogs now I have a chance to be in it every month thru the satties I will not envy my fellow PSOer's who write good blogs and get a BIG BANG STAMP every month See you guys every monthumbup:

Comment

Working...
                              X