PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question of the Week #35 | Closed for Entry

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Week #35 | Closed for Entry

Answer our 'Question of the Week' for a chance to win prizes. This is a great way to participate in the forum so that we can get to know each other and learn about poker together.

This weeks question is:

What's currently your favourite format on PokerStars and why? Which game type do you play the most?

At least 40 words are needed to qualify as an entry, please give as much info as possible.
    The more detail you give the better chance you have to win!

Post your answer below!

A new 'Question of the Week' will be posted every Monday morning, you have until Sunday to post your answers, the winners will be chosen by our Moderation Team.

The member with the best answer as judged by the Moderation Team will win, 1 or 2 word answers will not count, copied answers will not count, answers that do not make sense will not count.

Prizes
    1st - 25T$ + Community Ticket
    2nd & 3rd - 5T$ + a Community Tournament Ticket.

Winners will be announced every Monday morning in the Poker Promotions section of our poker forum and all prizes will be awarded within 48 hours of the winners being announced.

*Terms & Conditions
    • PokerStars School Staff such as Community Manager, Moderators or Trainers will not be eligible for any prizes.
    • All cash prizes are awarded in T$ Tournament Dollars.
    • Spam posts will be removed.
    • This promotion is run by Poker School who reserve the right to amend, edit or change the promotion in any way deemed fit without prior notice.
    • The decision of Poker School will be final in all circumstances.
    • Some accounts may not be eligible for tournament dollars or real money tickets. Poker School shall offer no compensation to any member should their account not be eligible for any prize.
    • Players must be over 18+ to take part in any PokerStars School Promotion.
    • Check out our general promotional Terms & Conditions for further details.
    Online Poker League
    Can you win the leaderboard?

After playing zoom, ko, spin, tournaments, 6 plus, and power up, the best chances of winning are with zoom. Zoom moves you through the cards faster and with the fast fold feature you can dump your low cards quick with a micro penalty. Spin and Go has a gambling feature at the end without any player control/ Zoom gives you the most control.

Comment

Classic no limit holdem MTTs are what i like most. I also like the progressive KO type. I like to play long tournaments so that you can focus and play your best game. That's why hyper turbo and spin and go is something that i don't like. Short deck is also something which i don't like.

Comment

hold'hem no limit

Comment

Hi there, currently I play ‘no limit Hold’em’ micro stakes cash tables and micro stakes spin and go’s. Just for fun really although I also consider it sort of practice - I can assess my play easier without fear of losing money.
          That being said my favourite format is undoubtedly mtt or multi tables sit and go’s. something about closing in on a final table gives me buzz like no other!

Comment

I'm not sure if Progressive Knockout tournament is a format but i love it, i love to play NL Hold'em knockout tournaments cause is a way to keep it up always exciting, players do risk most so they can knock other players and get the bounty reward so newbies like me will always be going all in all the time and keeping these tables funny. despite of the fact that i only get micro buy-ins there is where the most fun is cause of the ammount of enrolled players )), hope i can win this one.

Comment

What's currently your favourite format on PokerStars and why? Which game type do you play the most?

Subconsciously and for excitement & I love Phil Hellmuth I like to play NLHE MTT's but I used to play 9 man and 45 man SNG and that s how I built my bankroll slow and steady

I say subconsciously as , as the WSOP is a NLHE MTT I guess that is my end game aim...I actually make more per hour in small cash games but dont enjoy cash games so in a way im not in it f r the money its the excitment then again if you win the WSOP or a big MTT it is life changing money but thats the long term aim

I do like the progressive tournaments they are too exciting haha but not turbo games and not really 6 handed at the moment so its full ring all you can eat baby

Going back to the SNG i got upto 4 tabling $3.30 and some $5.50 but now im back down to 55c MTT in the main have tried couple of $1.10 so small sample size and didnt win anything

Ive been learning mainly albeit slowly and now keep records to see when to move up etc

I tend to only play 1 table though so I need to work on improving so I can add an extra table this is something I find very difficult but in the past 3 to 6 months Im studying more and more had health issues which disrupts the rythmm of learning and playing of course but thats just an extra challenge

Longer term befre adding turbos I plan on adding 6 max or rebuy tournamentsits always good to plan ahead

Comment

NLHE is my favorite format because it is the first game I learned and have played the most.

I used to watch all the poker shows on TV years ago and learned how to play through that.

The format I play the most is Spin and Go because it is fast paced and lots of fun.

Comment

Nhle for life but I am a sucker for timed tourneys as well as super progressive ko and bounty builders

Comment

I like to play ZOOM. It is continuous poker playing. No waiting for hands to complete if you fold.
                    Folding basically means give me a new deal of cards and on to the next bet.

Comment

I have two favourite formats I play - Max Hold'em or regular Hold'em Spin and Go's for a quick scoop or lose (I do not go throwing furniture around when losing, cause losing is part of the game after all). And KO tournaments. I love KO tourneys because I love the thrill of knocking out another player

Comment

I've been playing zoom lately almost always doubling up then switch to sit and goes for more profit but, as for spin and go's it's abit too fast for my standards also when I start playing tournaments in a bad or wrong mindset my income significantly decreases wow

Comment

I like the tournaments, play money, as I am a new player.

The KO bonus tourneys add an extra kick to them, but the sit-down ones often end up as an all-in fest.

Impatience led me to playing the 250K entry rather than waiting for the 50K, and then rebought when knocked out quickly.

500K in chips blown in less than 20 minutes!

Lesson learned (should have read bankroll management)!

Comment

i play spin go but spin go max is **deleted inappropriate language JWK24**. i like oma pot limit but these buy in liitle high for me and some players push any hand lucky win so i bankrupt . sit and go is good bankroll for small buy in. 45 90 players starting level. i dont play torunaments now because bankroll not enough and our ability poor tahn players. if omaho micro buy in open tournament i play.
                            Last edited by JWK24; Wed Aug 14, 2019, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Regards to all . Ever since I started my online poker career, I've been playing at PokerStars. And love at first sight was created with BountyBuilders and PKOs. I still play micro and low. I had some great results and final tables. I like PKO hyper and turbo best. I also don't run from ZOOM pko It's nice when you get paid without even finishing the tournament. Good luck to everyone at the tables

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.