PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question of the Week #31 | Closed

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Week #31 | Closed

MicroMillions – the definitive small-stakes series on PokerStars – is back for 2019, once again offering players on any budget the opportunity to turn low buy-ins into big paydays across a variety of exciting games. Entries range from $1.10 to the $22 Main Event but, as usual, PokerStars School is giving you the chance to enter for free!

For this week's 'Question of the Week' we want to ask you which MicroMillions events you will be playing and why? The MicroMillion 15 full schedule can be found here.

This weeks question is:

Which MicroMillion events will you definitely be playing and why?

At least 40 words are needed to qualify as an entry, please give as much info as possible.
    The more detail you give the better chance you have to win!

Post your answer below!

A new 'Question of the Week' will be posted every Monday morning, you have until Sunday to post your answers, the winners will be chosen by our Moderation Team.

The member with the best answer as judged by the Moderation Team will win, 1 or 2 word answers will not count, copied answers will not count, answers that do not make sense will not count.

Prizes
    1st - 25T$ + PokerStars School MicroMillions - $22 ticket
    2nd & 3rd $5 + PokerStars School MicroMillions - $5.50 ticket

The Moderation Team will also award PokerStars School MicroMillions - $1.10 tickets to 7 other players as spot prizes. Also 10 x Path to Sunday Million tickets as spot prizes.

Winners will be announced every Monday morning in the Poker Promotions section of our poker forum and all prizes will be awarded within 48 hours of the winners being announced.

*Terms & Conditions
    • PokerStars School Staff such as Community Manager, Moderators or Trainers will not be eligible for any prizes.
    • All cash prizes are awarded in T$ Tournament Dollars.
    • The 1st place winner of Question of the Week can only award 5T$ to another eligible School Member.
    • Spam posts will be removed.
    • This promotion is run by Poker School who reserve the right to amend, edit or change the promotion in any way deemed fit without prior notice.
    • The decision of Poker School will be final in all circumstances.
    • Some accounts may not be eligible for tournament dollars or real money tickets. Poker School shall offer no compensation to any member should their account not be eligible for any prize.
    • Players must be over 18+ to take part in any PokerStars School Promotion.
    • Check out our general promotional Terms & Conditions for further details.
    Last edited by royalraise85; Tue Jul 16, 2019, 06:35 PM.
    Online Poker League
    Can you win the leaderboard?

if I l make my ticket for sunday storm I will play that tournament this week but with on deposit of 44$ next week I will play the main event and I realy hope that I will be in the first nine players from the final table to win at least 10k or more for a chance to make for me a better life and to become on of elite player of PokerStars I trust that I know some poker and I belive I kan do that thanks and gl all

Comment

I personally like best NL Holdem tournaments with deep stack and normal speed. I also have bankroll good enough only for the lowest buyin tournaments. As a result of this following events from micro millions are best for me:

MicroMillions 26: $1.10 NLHE [6-Max], $10K Gtd
      MicroMillions 56: $1.10 NLHE, $4K Gtd
      MicroMillions 63: $1.10 NLHE, $5K Gtd
      MicroMillions 87: $1.10 NLHE, $4K Gtd
      MicroMillions 96: $1.10 NLHE, $4K Gtd
      MicroMillions 113: $1.10 NLHE [Progressive KO], $5K Gtd
      MicroMillions 133: $1.10 NLHE [8-Max], $5K Gtd

Comment

I have already played #1 and #6 made a little profit in both ...……..and I'm registered for #14 later today, going to try to make it a 3 for 3 cash

I will be playing most of the $1.10 buy-ins and maybe the odd $3.30...…..the main $22 also.

I for one Love the Micro Millions...………….this Series is in my comfort zone ( small buy-ins )

I use Bank Roll Management...……...so win or lose...……….Micro Millions is something I look forward too every year!

Cheers All

Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for my prize last week but already have a ticket through a deposit hope I can rebuy lol

I love the Micro Millions my schedule is based on buyin/timegame/type.....now my list might not be definite as gets hot in little room already played 2 cashed for $0 so im down $4.40 so far

141 only as I have a ticket

The ones above are most likely now if I do well or satty in potential games are as follows in additional to above

If i go deep in one that takes 10 to 12 hours plus will take the following day off in this weather

So 15 "definites" & 6 potential but knowing me out of the 21 it prolly be around 11 to 14 of these could be as low as 9 as friend from USA is visiting but hoping to aim for 15 weather & sleep could stop me

All games are NLHE not turbo or hyper although that showtime is good and could be added

Ive had some $3.30 tickets for ages now over 5 years lol but not in a rush to use em may wait till MM16 when its cooler have used 1/4 oh and im getting a bit more adventerous im playing in a Win the button .no rebuys on list so far schedule changes day by day though

Once I improve further I plan on potentially playing some rebuys and 6max

no omaha or prgoressive KO for me so only NLHE that isnt a hyper or turbo unless very deep stacked

gle oh im definitety going to play the main as ticket expires in September

Comment

I wish I could play all of them ! But its not an option so if I have to choose one I like the spin and go but I would play any of them !

Comment

The MicroMillons Events I will definitely play are:
              -the NL 6-max events,because as we know,in NL 6-max players are more loose than in normal NL (9 handed) and I love to play loose because I am an observant player and I can exploit my opponents,especially those micro-stakes players so I can afford to play a lot of hands,but what I really love about NL 6-max is that the ranges are a lot wider,meaning we can open with more hands and 3-bet more.The NL 6-max is the game I chose to train my range analysis,as the ranges are wider,making it harder to tell what possible hands a player can have in a certain spot;
              -MicroMillions 71 [Progressive K.O. Sunday Storm SE],despite not being a NL 6-max game this tournament has an at least 250k $ prize pool and as everybody else I want a big share of it!Also I have to mention that I truly hate K.O. Tournaments because a percent of the total prize pool is added to the bounty prize pool and I rarely get many bounties,even if I make it to the final table and also because it's even harder to take a bad beat/cooler.For example you go all in against one player and you are flipping (50%-50% equity),not only you might be busted out of the tournament if you are the player at risk (with the shorter stack),you also might loose a bounty when you are not at risk (the player with the higher stack) so frustration is bigger when you lose;
              -MicroMillions 141 [Main Event],this event must be on everybody's 'definitely playing list' as it's the main event and has a 1M $ prize pool and like everybody else,I want to win it.I don't know how much money the winner will get,but I bet that will be a life changing amount of money and that's a shot I don't want to miss.Also I want to play this because as I said it's the main event and I just want to see my name on the 1st place ;
              I am not going to play the re-buy events,even if they are NL 6-max as I hate those tournaments.I hate them because until the end of the re-buy period players are just going all-in,re-buy,all-in,re-buy and that is not poker,in my opinion,that's reckless gambling.
              Those are the events I am going to play and hopefully win most of them !

Comment

Greetings to everyone I've already played micro millions of different formats. Last night I played 1.1 6max and 3.3 with min cash. My favorite format is PKO and I play them I like 11 $ PKO 250K (71) in sunday and I can not wait to start it. Why? Because I'm bountykiller: P good luck to everyone

Comment

Already played a Omaha hi/lo event, tried my first +6nlhe event which I enjoyed, played a couple of rebuy events, 2-7 single draw, 5 card draw.... ok I think that's all I've played so far.
                  Now definitely planning on playing the main event and the sunday storm special, just entered FL Omaha8, as for the rest of the many games on offer I'll have to wait and see how busy I am.
                  As for the why I'm playing, fun - I love poker, opportunity to cash deep and big for a low buy in and hopefully learning from mistakes. cheers and good luck.
                  5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Apologies, I'm not going to be able to play any of the PLO micromillions as it is HOLIDAYS, so not going to enter this weeks competition, but good luck to everyone trying to win a ticket.

Comment

I have never played in the MicroMillions before, but I have been looking at the schedule and would like to play in a couple of events if possible. The min stakes ($1.10) buy ins are the ones that best suit me.

So far, some of the optimal events are scheduled at 4am my time (starting time) so that doesn't really work for me (Canada - CDT), but I'm sure there are some that I can make work! I will have a further look.

I like the fact that as for low as $1.10, I am able to play in a long length tournament that can last 8 hours or longer if you run very deep. The chance to play in such a lengthy tournament is not something that come up all the time at such low stakes, so I appreciate the opportunity to be able to participate in that type of scenario!

Hmmm.....look like events #56 and #63 are good fits for me!!

And while I'm here...a question....event #8 (yes, it's long over now) was listed as a $1.10 buy-in NLHE "Showtime" event. What does the "showtime" refer to? I couldn't find any info on that in any of the MicroMillions info pages. Just curious if anyone knows? Does it refer to any special rules of play or is it just a name? Thanks!!

Good luck to all who play in this years events!!

.......................curler1964

Comment

Five days ago, I spent 4 School Pass Tickets at PokerStars School MicroMillions satellites and one of them got lucky. On the 8-Game satellite I got a ticket for 141 and I'm eagerly awaiting 28 July.
                        I've got a few School Pass Tickets left, and I'll use them for PokerStars School MicroMillions satellites. Even though the most I play Hold'em, I will force other types of games. A few changes are good for refreshment, and it is easier to get some tickets as a smaller number of players are registered. I hope I'm lucky again.
                        I remember the freeroll tournaments that played 4-5 years ago from Monday to Friday . We could get tickets for one NLHE and one tournament in another format that was played on the days of the weekend. That was a great promotion and I'm sorry it does not exist yet. I won more tickets by playing Razz, Stud, Badugi, Omaha, HORSE and other formats than Hold'em, although 36-48 tickets are commonly assigned, as opposed to 52 tickets on Hold'em. Already tomorrow I will try to get a PokerStars School MicroMillions ticket at any of tournaments in these formats.
                        The schedule of the MicroMillions tournaments is really very rich and everyone can find something interesting. I will play several tournaments with lower buy-ins. 132 and 70 are the most impressive and I'll play them. I would be happy to play 55, 85, 98 and 108 but their starts are in an unfavorable time. I'll play a few Hold'em tournaments with buy-in 1.10 $.

Let's hope we have success, good luck to everyone at MicroMillions!

Comment

One very cool thing regaring the MicroMillions Event is the possibilty to play a variety of games aside from the regular NLHE or PLO variants. With that in mind these are the games I will definitely try to play in the upcoming days:

First and foremost I will be playing the NLHE tournaments as this is the type of game I am the most familiar with and there is certainly nothing wrong with going for the classics! In that regard I will also try to play the main event (The buy-in is quite fair) if I can manage it timewise.

Second I will also try variants of Poker I am not heavily familiar with but have always been keen to try out, including:
                          • Razz
                          • Stud
                          • Draw
                          • Horse (The prospect of constantly shifting gears sounds exciting!)
                          With the second group I believe I will probably be at somewhat of a disadvantage because of my unfamiliarity with the format, nonetheless the buy-ins allow me to test the waters. And maybe as they are not soll well known but fairly accessible during this event there will be more people like me who play them for the novelty (increasing my chances again!).
                          One last tip in that matter: If some of these lesser known variants are your specialty, I would enter right away! Due to the affordable buy-ins (Many less familiar players like myself) and respectable pay outs you can really get ahead here. In fact this will probably be one of my goals for the next such event to get better at one or two lesser known game types and try to profit from that.

Have some successful games and good luck to you all!

Comment

My current bankroll doesn't allow me to target any micro events other than $1.10. I would love to cash in one of them to be able to try the bigger range though! Personally I love Micromillions for the fact that I can pay small and win big. Current tendency of my bankroll is to go down rather than up, therefore I badly need to cash in to recover from that :-)

Comment

The tournaments I am looking forward to playing are:

MicroMillions 59: $1.10 NLHE, [6-Max, Turbo, Progressive KO Shootout], $5K Gtd
                              MicroMillions 84: $1.10+R NLHE ,[8-Max, Turbo], $25K Gtd
                              MicroMillions 104: $1.10+R NLHE ,[8-Max, Turbo], $20K Gtd
                              MicroMillions 109 $1.10 NLHE [4-Max, Hyper-Turbo, Progressive Total KO], $4K Gtd
                              MicroMillions 144: $1.10+R NLHE ,[6-Max, Turbo], $20K Gtd

I like these because they are all Turbo's and a Hyper-Turbo so I would be able to stay focused for the duration of the game, hopefully,, lol. I also might play some of the other poker variant games, but I would definitely need to brush up on the rules on some of these games for sure.

I just want to wish all the PokerSchool members here the best of luck during Micromillions 15!

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.