PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question of the Week #30 | Closed

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Remember to stay hydrated and well nourished. Also remember to try keep your mind clear and focus on the task at hand.
    2. Take a break if you have a tilting moment during the tournament.
    3. Don't let a small sample of hand depict your entire future with the a certain player/players.

Comment

For me psychological preparation is key. Firstly, be well rested, your brain will need to be at peak function for over
      10hrs to get to the final table.
      Secondly, be calm and concise, avoid snap decisions for big bets, don't rush your play or your goals.
      Thirdly, and this one may sound weird, accomplish a non-poker related goal before the tournament. Whether it be
      going for a run, straightening out the garage or finishing a work project, accomplishments can help to put you in the
      right frame of mind.
      Good luck, and play to your highest level!

Comment

Tips for any gigantic field with a enormous prize pool would be about the same.
        1 Get a really good nights sleep so you are prepared for a long haul.
        2 Have food, snacks, and nonalcoholic drinks planned out because your mind can stay refreshed better if you stay hydrated and eat regularly to keep your body chemistry lined out; use breaks for restroom breaks so you can stay focused every moment of play.
        3. Be prepared to be very patient early and keep focused even during hands you are not involved in so you can pick up all the information possible on opponents.

Comment

The first thing you should do is make time to complete the tournament meaning clear off your agenda for a couple days, and find a good place to isolate yourself like go out to the cabin far from civilization maybe and be sure to stock up on food Nd drinks. Bring one person who can help you cook lol. Refresh your mind by taking the sunday million course a few times over so you can establish a winning playing style to commit to. Now somehow block out distractions while you play the game, for me I keep my wit's by listening to music on my headphones

Comment

Sunday Million is a great tournament that takes a long time and it is very difficult to focus on the whole time. The tournament requires serious preparation, and these are my top three tips:
            The first tip is training. Training is everyday and needs to continue in the same rhythm, because the excessive intensity of training will result in a loss of focus and such training is nothing but lost time.
            The other tip is psychological preparation. Ideally, a few days before the start of the tournament, stress will be minimized, maximum relaxed, emotionally emptied - I will go fishing. Going to nature is the best refresh of mind.
            The third tip is creating a pleasant ambience for the game. Eliminate factors that can disturb concentration, close windows to avoid external sounds; in the background, especially music should be selected - the one that is best for us, but to avoid uniformity (for example - slow music can continuously make it sleepy). You need to be alone in the game room, and tell your friends and family not to disturb you, the phone must be shut down. Breaks in the game should be used for refreshment, relaxation and use of toilets. An empty bladder is a fundamental element in preserving the focus.

Comment

Read all the articles of pokerstarsschool again about big online tournaments and the Sunday Million (it's stages , how to play them , etc ) .
              Watch every video about Sunday Million that might help me , that gives tips and advice . Also watch as many hours as possible of some Sunday Million poker tables live on Sunday to see how players bet , 3bet , bluff , etc , as well as some SundayMillion FT replays on Stars client .
              For the big day everything must be scheduled , should have slept enough many many hours before the game , in order to be fresh and ready for a possible deep run , have a lot of coffee , drinks , snacks ready for use . Anything that will increase my focus or make me feel less tilted , tired , that will make me enjoy my game , I should be ready to use it , either it's music , a massage shiatsu mashine lol or sth else that you like and desire

Comment

Quite difficult to choose the three, but that is what I would do:
                No 1: few bars of most delicious chocolate, to satisfy my brain. The reason? Increases wakefulness. Stimulates the brain to release dopamine, a neurotransmitter associated with feelings of pleasure and motivation (to play good)
                No 2: play with my pets, because this calms one to the ribbons. Happy and relaxed when playing the game.
                No 3: Know what you're doing. If you do not know how to play, do not go playing major tournaments. Practice practice practice - and you will succeed.

Comment

My top 3 tips to prepare for a big online tournament are:
                  1.During a period of let's say 10 days before the tournament I recommend getting your mind cleansed so you can think straight and play your A game.What I mean by getting your mind cleansed is during that period I mentioned,try to accumulate as less stress,anger,sadness (negativity),because playing a big tournament is like a big shot to a huge payday,in some cases getting at the final table it might change your life forever and from my own experience I'm telling you,playing with all that negativity you accumulated during the week will mess up your thoughts,for example I would say my main skill in poker it's observing,I mean after 10 minutes of playing I can already see how I can exploit my opponents and trust me this brings a huge profit in this game,but one time I was playing a 100$+ (can't remember the exact amount around 110$ maybe,anyway that doesn't matter that much) buy-in tournament and I really had a bad week and I couldn't focus on the game,the only thing I was thinking about was how bad my week was and after 30 minutes of playing I had no information about my opponents at all and I ended up being exploited myself and every cooler/bad beat was like more gas on the negativity flame (you know what I mean),so that negativity I accumulated really messed my game up.Furthermore by cleansing your mind I also want to say that during that period I mentioned you should spent as less time as you can in front of a screen,because the more time you spend in front of a screen,the more tired your eyes get,I remember there were days I couldn't stay up more than 10 pm because I was playing like 8 hrs/day and I was really really tired every time I woke up.Also,if you are into that party lifestyle you should cut it off for a short period because I don't have to say more than `hangover`.
                  2.Of course,one of everybody's tips is going to be:''Practice a little or more before the tournament",I mean this is pretty obvious,everybody would practice before playing the big shot I was talking about earlier,I mean here I just can't recommend you how to practice,everybody knows how to practice I mean you just play some similar tournaments before the big one to see what mistakes you are doing and stop doing them and also to warm-up a little.In my opinion,1 tournament per day should be enough,so your mind can get cleansed as well.Not that really much to talk about here.
                  3.The 3rd tip applies a short time before the tournament starts,as many tournaments last a long period of hours you will need to prepare yourself so you can last as much as the tournament lasts if needed,an energy drink should help you a lot in this spot,for me it works it keeps me up and I don't get tired for a long period of time so I can keep playing my A game.Also you should avoid war milk and things that are doing the opposite of the energy drinks

Comment

Im really enjoying pokerstars game and i became a fan ever since. Tournaments like Sunday million are rated as one of the highest, top competitions in online poker world.
                    My top 3 tips are:
                    1. Be prepared physically and mentally for a 10 hours long poker game ,during the whole night (if you're based in Europe) by watching previous tourneys of its kind, from the beginning to the end and try to pay attention ,training your stamina and focus to last as longer as possible.
                    2. Built a solid strategy ,whatever that means to you.Practice a lot and build arsenal of strategies ,that fits suitable, based on your style of play.Perfect your strategy to a moment you completely trust it and would not regret about anything of it.
                    3. Read 1. and 2. again and be sure you got that ,especially if you not a millionaire to whom playing Sunday million is like going to Zoo Park just to see the wild animals. lol
                    Good Luck !

Comment

Well after settling down after all the excitement of winning a ticket to the big game!!!!! Tip one would begin by getting rested up. Tip two, clear your schedule and make sure phone is in message only mode. Tip three - line up your snacks.. lots of them with lots of water. I have more than 3 tips, so I'm gonna keep going... open the windows for lots of fresh air (Unless it's 100 degrees out there - then crank up the AC) and fluff up the cushion on your chair so you won't get a sore butt while you sit for hours on your bottom end taking down this super tournie..

Comment

Haha all players wish this.
                        First where you play poker? Go to quiet and comfortable environment.
                        2. Call all poker friends because switch friends demand for table style.
                        3. Bring all luck itmes and pray your religion god. Forgive all bad idea.

Comment

My top 3 tips for a playing in a big tournament like that would have to be #1 Proper mindset. This includes, but is not limited to, getting enough sleep beforehand, having confidence during game play, no tilt and avoiding distractions outside of poker. #2 Having a strategy and then sticking to it. I do believe that discipline in this area puts you ahead in the long run. #3 Patience!!!!

Comment

My three top tips to prepare for a big tournament are:
                            1. get ready for the tournament by sleeping and eating well
                            ​​​​​​2. Set goals and do not panic
                            3. Tack My time and have to know when to fold and whene to play

Comment

Winners Announcement

Congrats to the following who have been selected from the draw.. Your prizes will be credited on or before July 18th

Bo0mtown - T$25 + Path to Sunday Million EN Ticket
                              DrIbbo - T$5 + Path to Sunday Million EN Ticket
                              hunter tahu - T$5 + Path to Sunday Million EN Ticket
                              AlexBlefer - Path to Sunday Million EN Ticket
                              Igryk - Path to Sunday Million EN Ticket
                              Harold_House - Path to Sunday Million EN Ticket
                              rolo834 - Path to Sunday Million EN Ticket
                              misiomick - Path to Sunday Million EN Ticket
                              cverglan - Path to Sunday Million EN Ticket
                              Tonk Shuffle - Path to Sunday Million EN Ticket

Check back soon for this weeks 'Question of the Week'.
                              Online Poker League
                              Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.