PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question of the Week #23 | Closed for Entries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Week #23 | Closed for Entries

Answer our 'Question of the Week' for a chance to win prizes. This is a great way to participate in the forum so that we can get to know each other and learn about poker together.

The Spring Championship of Online Poker (SCOOP) is well underway with more than $115,000,000 GTD! Find out how you can win free tickets to SCOOP tournaments here.

This weeks question is:
    Our hero is behind, but has plenty of ways to make the best hand. How many river cards will win the pot for the hero?

Post your answer below!

A new 'Question of the Week' will be posted every Monday morning, you have until Sunday to post your answers, the winners will be chosen by our Moderation Team.

Prizes
    1st - 25T$ + Community Ticket
    2nd & 3rd - Win a Community Tournament Ticket.*

The winner will receive 25T$. The Moderation Team may award more 5T$ as spot prizes each week.

Winners will be announced every Monday morning in the Poker Promotions section of our poker forum and all prizes will be awarded within 48 hours of the winners being announced.

*Terms & Conditions
    • PokerStars School Staff such as Community Manager, Moderators or Trainers will not be eligible for any prizes.
    • All cash prizes are awarded in T$ Tournament Dollars.
    • Spam posts will be removed.
    • This promotion is run by Poker School who reserve the right to amend, edit or change the promotion in any way deemed fit without prior notice.
    • The decision of Poker School will be final in all circumstances.
    • Some accounts may not be eligible for tournament dollars or real money tickets. Poker School shall offer no compensation to any member should their account not be eligible for any prize.
    • Players must be over 18+ to take part in any PokerStars School Promotion.
    • Check out our general promotional Terms & Conditions for further details.
    Online Poker League
    Can you win the leaderboard?

6, J, 8, 9, plus all remaining diamond in the deck.

3+3+3+3+7 = 19
    My backstory: https://www.pokerstarsschool.com/for...old-new-member

My diary: https://www.pokerstarsschool.com/for...3-diary-of-tau

Comment

7 diamond outs, 6 outs for pair 9, 8, and 6 outs for straight J and 6. Totally 19 outs

Comment

for Hero 19 outs!
        good luck guys

Comment

2,4,7,j,q,k,a of diamonds ,6 of spades,clubs,hearts,jack of clubs,hearts,spades,8of clubs,hearts,spades,9of clubs,hearts,spades = 19outs

Comment

3x9
            3x8
            3x6
            4xJ
            7x diamonds= 19 outs
            Cry me a river

Comment

There are 3 remaining 8s and 3 remaining 9s to make a better one pair (6)
              There are 3 remaining 6's and 3 Js to make the straight, without a flush (6)
              Then the 2d, 4d, 7d, Jd, Qd, Kd and Ad all make the higher flush (7)
              6 + 6 + 7 = 19 river cards will win the pot for the Hero.

However, assuming the hand is not being played with the cards face up, the Hero can only be certain of winning the hand with the 3 non diamond 6s and Js, which give him/her 6 outs. In a hand like this the Hero should use the reads on the villain and the previous betting to assign a lower value to some of the other outs that improve his/her hand.

Depending on the reads this might work by counting the remaining 8s and 9s as 1 or 2 outs as they are beaten by a T, higher pair, 2 pair and some straights, that villain may make. The remaining 7 diamonds, would be less discounted, and could be counted as 5 or 6 outs as Hero can only be beaten by a diamond suited hand containing an A,K,Q or J and there are not many of these.

Realistically, Hero could then consider having 6 nut outs, but could play the hand as though s/he had 12-14 outs.

Comment

3x 8's 3x 9's 4x j's
                normaly 7 diamonds but removing the J of diamonds that already was counted up will make it 6 diamonds(7)

3+3+3+4+6 = 19 outs

7 > straight outs
                6 > pair outs
                6 > flush outs

Comment

19 outs...but in this situation i will bet on flush...most likely to come...seen it many times on this kind of board

Comment

19 river cards will win the pot for the hero.

Comment

I will take a wild guess and say 19

cheers all
                      Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

For flush:
                        Diamonds - 2,4,7,J,Q,K,A

For straight:
                        Jc, Jh, Js, 6c, 6h, 6s

For Higher pair:
                        8c, 8h, 8s, 9c, 9h, 9s

Total: 19

Comment

19 outs.... And I did actually take the time to work it out myself, instead of just being lazy and copying. Lol. Good luck to everyone entered.

Comment

Hi guys :-)
                            As many of you already calculated (I double checked it myself and it is correct), our Hero has 19 outs.
                            I decided to go one step further and to check how many outs Villain has to win this hand, here is what I came up with:

Hearts: A, 2, 3, 4, 7, 10, Q, K
                            Clubs: A, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, Q, K
                            Spades: A, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, Q, K

In total - 26 outs :-)

Thanks and take care folks!

Comment

^^ 7 spade already on the board.
                              19 outs for our hero.

*When I'm playing there is still the ultimate ONE big out for my opponent and its not a card- my computer is so old I've been disconnecting lately mid-hand, LOLOLOL. (I've disconnected after hitting Quads on the turn LOL)

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.