PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Betting Into a Dry Pot at B12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betting Into a Dry Pot at B12

When the final table in the Big One II was down to three players (TomHawk, Rio Rita and Scarz) there were several negative comments about TomHawks play in dry pots. Scarz was all in (I believe) a total of four different hands and each time if Rio Rita called, TomHawk raised. The rail just howled.

I couldnt disagree more. Rio Rita is a tremendous player. Scarz is at work. If I am Tom, the last thing I want is Rio Rita getting Scarz chips. She is likely to call with anything in the hopes of getting Scarz out in this situation, so like Tom I would have raised her call with any two cards. If Scarz wins, so what? He does not pose a threat.

Rio Rita could have post and folded and taken a guaranteed second place, but she didnt and I applaud her for putting that 2nd place at risk for a shot at first. You played an excellent tournament Rita, congratulations.

Of course this was a highly unusual situation. If Scarz were playing then I think the raise is incorrect; he too would be a threat and I would check it down to the river in the hopes of eliminating that threat.

TomHawk, congrats on an amazing finish. You took some big risks, but it paid off handsomely! Welcome to PSO!

Mike

i agree and disagree with most of the post

tom hawk had 90% of the tourny chips the last thing he wanted was rita gaining chips even if scarz was there his aim would be to keep BOTH stacks as small as possible so that they could not damage him
    if rita had one that pot she would only need to double up 3 times to have a chip lead as tom proberly realised rita was capable of out playing him if she got chips so he played it perfect keep out of danger (BTW a dry pot means NO SIDE POT in this case there was a side pot)

Comment

Idoru99, you are probably right. Good points.

Comment

might not have been the moral thing to do, but TomHawk KNOWS he will beat scarz if they are heads up, since he is not there. He could've raised RR's blind every time and folded to scarz's BB when he was in the SB to GUARANTEE himself the 10k he won. Big stacks will often try to keep the short stacks all in at 6 handed tables (down to 2 final tables) as they know they can continue to attack the blinds with much more ease at a shorthanded table than a full handed final table. Same line of thinking here...great tourney...everybody plays different, you played like a champion!

Comment

And you sucked Dan

Comment

: : :

Comment

Ironside, thanks for the clarification on the definition of a "Dry Pot." I did misuse the term.

Comment

Cheer up guy. It can't have come as that much of a surprise
                :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

:
                  :
                  :
                  :
                  :
                  :
                  :
                  :