PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QQ EP WPO Round 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QQ EP WPO Round 1

Please settle an argument.

A player whose game I respect (and who shall remain nameless) said I should have raised less with this hand, and then played the flop.

WPO, 55 or so players left. Blinds $800/$1600, $4400 dead money.

I am one off UTG. UTG limps. I go all in with QQ. I have $16K. Table is loose, but what else would you expect.

I get called by the BB who has KT. This is what I want. To more than double up and have only one caller.

Well, you all know what happened....

Randy

Looks right to me :wink: :lol: 8O

I'd have to guess that the average stack was much bigger than yours? Seems that way from the blind/ante levels ... If so, no point in messing around here, take the pot now or take your chances that there's only 2 possible hands that seriously out-gun you and 1 that's around evens.

Raising less and leaving yourself some trivial amount of chips seems potty to me, but maybe I'm potty? ("potty" - English slang for 'crazy', 'doolally','bonkers')

cheers

Glenn

Comment

With T$4400 in the pot a pot raise costs you T$7600 of a T$16k stack. That is half of your stack, move in. It's automatic.

Comment

Usually the best play Randall, related to a pot size raise and it being over 40% of your stack like trumpin joe said. Plus of course, it is the funside and you are likely to get called anyway.

Comment

Even if they think you shouldn't have gone all-in in a live tourney, there can be NO question that this is the right play in WPO fun side event! Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Comment

Deleted.

Comment

Well, I wouldn't generally raise that low hazy. I would say raising to 5k is an alternative depending on the exact composition of the table and UTG limper. I don't see the point on the funside though. No need to get cute IMO.

Oh, and there's no need to point out that you are an idiot. We already knew that

Comment

Deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by thehazyone
                  well raising 4K would have made it 5.6 to go.
                  Well, why didn't you say so

You are probably right then.

You're a funny man (when you want to be).
                  I am always being funny. People just mistakenly take me seriously sometimes, (though I admit bob was an exception in my later posts to him).

Comment

Working...
                  X