PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Truly Amazing Hand!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Truly Amazing Hand!!!

This is what occured in a $50 NL Game on Party Poker:

I'm sitting on about $200 in chips...
    Bug is sitting on about $90 in chips
    Owner is sitting on about $50 in chips

I limp in with K :c: J :c: and limp into an unraised pot

Behind me comes a raise by owner for $2

Bug cold calls the $2

I call for $1.75

The flop comes:

A :c: T :c: 5 :h:

I bet open with a $30 bet

Owner flat calls the $30

Bug raises all-in and makes it $89

(Now I know for sure that Bug has flopped a set. I know that Owner is definately going the rest of the way with his hand. I look at it and think about it. I have 12 outs, which gives me a 48% chance to win. Since I know Bug has a set, however, I know that he has a redraw to a full house. I have already committed $30. I now have no choice but to call with the draw)

Owner calls all in with A :d: A :h:
    Bug turns up T :h: T :s:

The board plays out:

Q :c: 5 :d:

I have a royal flush and am pushed back a pot of $240. The set of Aces finishes second with the set of tens finishing third. I couldn't believe it.

A :c: K :c: Q :c: J :c: T :c:

well played!

Comment

Holy cow!!!!

Very nice. I remember some posts by fillmore when he played in a similiar type game. He stated that he always raised $5.00 when he had AA. Owner failed to do that and you were able to see the flop for a "small" investment and capitalize on his mistake and your good fortune.

Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X