PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSO GOLFERS -DETAILS ARE HERE!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSO GOLFERS -DETAILS ARE HERE!

WIN4WIN & SHOELESS JOE PRESENT..........

THE DJ EXPRESS FUTURITY
    GOLF CHALLENGE

The date: O9th JANUARY 2003 - TEE OFF 10.30am

The venue: RIVERBEND GOLF LINKS, SAMS TOWN

The cost: GREEN FEE - $40 DOLLARS PER PERSON
    ENTRY FEE - $10 DOLLARS PER PERSON

THE FORMAT: 2 STABLEFORD (POINTS) COMPETITIONS RUNNING SIDE-BY-SIDE OVER 18 HOLES
    1) TEAM STABLEFORD
    2) INDIVIDUAL STABLEFORD

Stableford scoring system - 1 point for a nett bogey, 2 points for a nett par, 3 points for a nett birdie.

HANDICAPS
    INDIVIDUAL/TEAM HANDICAPS CALCULATED AS FOLLOWS:

INDIVIDUALS - ADJUSTED TO THREE QUARTERS OF HANDICAP
    TEAMS - COLLECTIVE ADJUSTED HANDICAPS ADDED TOGETHER, DIVIDED BY THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS IN THE TEAM GIVING A TEAM HANDICAP

................................TEAMS............. ..............

Team "Class Act", Captain = Tony
    Movingabout (Tony).. h'cap 10 individual adjusted h'cap =8
    Jmuzzey (Jay)...........h'cap 20 individual adjusted h'cap =15
    Shoeless Joe.............h'cap 15 individual adjusted h'cap =11
    FreddieBoy................h'cap 18 individual adjusted h'cap =14
    Team H'cap - Average = 16 x .75 = 12

Group 2 Team "Gone Fishin'", Captain = Sacha
    Win4Win (JJ)..............h'cap 25 individual adjusted h'cap 19
    Rags007 (Sacha)........h'cap 20 individual adjusted h'cap 15
    Ranger Rick (Rick)......h'cap 25 individual adjusted h'cap 19
    StevieRay..................h'cap 18 individual adjusted h'cap 14
    Team H'cap - Average = 23 x .75 = 17

Team "Two Letters Away", captain = Bill
    Debonair (Bill)............h'cap 20 individual adjusted h'cap = 15
    Astro (Don)................h'cap 20 individual adjusted h'cap = 15
    WildBill41 (Bill)...........h'cap 22 individual adjusted h'cap = 17
    GTHoldem (Gloria)......h'cap 15 individual adjusted h'cap = 11
    Team H'cap - Average = 19 x .75 = 14

The best score by a player on a hole will be entered as the team score. Remember, you will need to mark an individual card and a team card.

Even if you can't play you can come out to the course later and cheer us on!

There will of course, be some exquisite(?) prizes for the successful individual(s) and team. (Especially for the biggest lie and the individual with the best dress sense...lol)

All players should try and ensure they introduce themselves to each other, the organisers will try to arrange transport so that we can either travel together or in as few cars as possible.

Please make sure that you meet up with everyone else in the lobby of the Goldstrike at 09.30 or make sure you are at the course by 10.00am latest, it is your responsibility to either meet, or get to the course on time.

Any problems or questions, please feel free to PM or e-mail me at:

leethok@aol.com

Deleted.

Comment

IT is a must that u be there HAZY

Comment

We don't think there are many (if any) conflicting events at 10.30am that day. We've timed the golf so that everyone can get back well in time for the evening's main event.

Comment

Best dress sense? Hmm.....i'm thinking nothing but a jock strap and aviator goggles is a sure winner!

For those planning on playing....January weather in the Memphis area varies. I am hoping for temps in the 50s or higher......but it could just as easily be in the 30s.....so bring some extra clothes just in case!

Comment

He's hoping for temps in the 50s.....lmao. Is this kid of mine a dreamer or what????? Although, as I write this at 3pm, it is in fact 50 degrees....after a slight skiff of snow fell yesterday morning!!

Seriouly tho, you will want to probably wear some layers...that way when it warms up, as we are counting on, you can STRIP em off. Could make it even more fun to see what the layers reveal.

Let's be sure that Hazy has a camera, and brings his tape recorder and/or notepad as it appears he's the perfect one to be the Ace reporter on the scene.

The Omaha PL with rebuys is the event that day, and starts at 4pm. Other than that, there will be satelites running, mostly LIMIT for the $500 event the following day, beginning at around noon and ending at 3am. Fri., and a super satelite that evening, but of course, we will be playing the PSO tourney that evening. So those playing golf should not be missing anything of great importance.

8O

'Goddess

Comment

I predict that the winning team will have a CHAPS member.

I would play in my birthday suit, but it is getting gray and wrinkled. So the gallery is safe.

Anyone wanna be my caddy? I'll buy the drinks. Lots of drinks.

Let the trash talking begin, in that game, I'm scratch.

Bill

Comment

Bill

The only reason I was going to wear a jockstrap was because I didnt want to get penalized for bringing an extra club onto the course! Muwhahaaa!

See ya soon!

Comment

Deleted.

Comment

Win -

One word. Shrinkage. Tends to turn the old rut iron into something resembling a twig, so I hear anyway.

Bill

Comment

Okay I didnt say it was a LONG club.

Comment

Non-Golfer sign up

Joe,

Since I don't have clubs, a jock strap, or any golf skill I don't think I'd be much of a contributor to the tourney but........... I want to contribute to the fund.

Will you make an announcement for those of us who just want to do the DJ EXPRESS buy in?

24karet

Comment

D J Express Fund

If any of you wish to contribute to the DJ Express fund, then you can as in the past mail checks to :-

PokerSchoolOnline Inc
                          3530 Bee Caves Rd
                          Suite 110
                          Austin
                          Texas 78746
                          USA

and please make payable to PokerSchoolOnline, but state clearly on the check or in an attached note DJ EXPRESS FUND.
                          or you can make the payment via paypal, and you can email me Tina@PokerPages.com for the paypal information, and then we will collect all the monies together and send DJ Express a check for the whole amount.
                          We will be happy to do this up until the 10th January, 2003

Regards and Happy Holidays

Tina

Comment

Ok just got to thinking about this golf thing and you can count me in. I just emailed W4W to that effect. That is of course if you have a spot.

Any idea how much rental clubs are? Mine got left at an old girlfriends...long story...

Also Jer I will have my vehicle there so can share in the driving.

Oh and I think I will just leave any comments about the cold and your putter alone. lol

Comment

OK Rick

I've put you in Group 2, please go to top to see adjusted h'cap and tem mates.

Look forward to seeing you there, we'll be meeting at 9.30am in the lobby of the Goldstrike on the 9th.

Comment

Working...
                              X