PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MY RANKING!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY RANKING!!!!!!!

Deleted

mats,

what your missing is a heads up ranking :lol:

Vega$

Comment

Mats,
      As the number of tournaments you play increases, the harder it is to raise your ranking and 7th place type finishes are not going to move the number. You're % of finish in any one tournament is going to be averaged in with ALL of your finishes and unless you win or are in maybe the top 3, there is going to be NO increase that you will see. The increase may be in the .0000 range and not make any noticeable change to your 73.94%. Those who have played like 600-800, as I and others have, have almost no shot at increasing their ranking by more than a tiny fraction of a %, so I suspect that you are beginning to see the numbers catch you, and more than likely, PSO staff is correct on the figures.

8O

'Goddess

Comment

mats welcome to the stage some of us have been in since early in the year
        the only way to get your ranking to move is a VERY GOOD result or a string of VERY BAD results.

more often than not the results counter balance each other and no change is made.

the easy way to check is using the PSOcalc

Comment

Deleted

Comment

the only solution is to reset the rankings in the new year all in favour say I

I

j2559

Comment

The cumulative ranking is so utterly useless that it should be discarded entirely, as should the weekly ranking. Replace them with 1, 3, 6 & 12 month stats and break the stats apart by game, and by multi vs sat.

Just resetting the cumulative ranking improves absolutely nothing. It just pushes this worthless debate out another year.

IMO, here are the WORST things PSO can do to start the year.
              1. Reset the bankrolls.
              2. Keep the cumulative rankings as is.
              3. Reset the cumualtive rankings without making other changes.

Comment

your weekly from 7 events is only 77% only 3% more than your results from 250 events and it proberly wont affect your overall

i need to play 40-50 events at over 66% to get mine to make any noticable jump and i am starting from a much lower base of under 62% which should mean that jumps upward are easier.

Comment

Deleted

Comment

if you win you will climb

but slowly

Comment

Mats,

Currently PSO shows you at 73.97% with 267 games. To get to 74% you need any of the following:
                      1 game finishing 80.9% or better
                      2 games averaging 77.7% or better
                      3 games averaging 76.5% or better
                      4 games averaging 75.9% or better
                      5 games averaging 75.6% or better
                      10 games averaging 74.8% or better

Have Fun :!:

Comment

Deleted

Comment

If you flop a open-ended str8 draw & flush draw you are better than even money (15 outs) to catch one or the other by the river. You can't bet enough to make the odds not worth chasing unless the flush draw won't hold-up.

Comment

Deleted

Comment

oh matsy watsy please give it a rest with the rankings. We already know ranking is important to you, you don't have to remind us over and over again in the forum. I lost $2400 real dollars tonight to a bunch of monkeys. And I saw a PSO player with a cum ranking in the 50% range playing $300-$600 live action. What does it all mean? Rankings JUST DON'T MATTER. I don't say this to hurt you but to help you. There is only one way to keep score. Money. If you are a winning player be happy. If you lose to the monkeys now and then, have faith that you will beat them next time (at least that is what I will tell myself on the drive to card room tomorrow).

Wall--Apryll--head--Banging--Ouch

Comment

Working...
                              X