PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$10 NLHE game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $10 NLHE game

hi all. let me set the senerio for you. i got invited last night to play in some $10 NLHE tournies from a friend of mine and of course i accepted. 7 guys, $10 buy in, no rebuys, hence, $70 pot winner take all. 1500 starting chips and blinds 25-50.

first hand of the tourney i start out on the bb and get dealt 3-3, all fold execpt player 5 he calls so i call. the flop come 3-3-7. all im thinking at this point is how can i suck out all his chips. so he opens with a 200 bet and i come over the top not much but raise him 200 just to see where he is, he call the next card somes and it is a queen. i look at him and he kinda smiles and then he goes all in. i pause for a second and then call. the river comes 7. we flip over and i show 4 3's and he shows pocket 7's i lose and now i have to wait for about 1 hour to play again.

in the end i did get the last laugh as i won 3 of the 4 tournies we played last night but i was wondering if i played that wrond and maybe put him all in after flop. remember i dont any of these guys execpt my buddy. any comments would be nicely appreciated.

thank you
    farnold2

who shuffled that deck

Comment

nlhe

You played it perfect. Flop Quad's and got him to push in with a one outer with one to come. (1 in 44). :wink:

Sometimes we play our best but that doesn't guarantee a win on that one hand. :!:

Tough beat. :twisted:

Comment

Of course you played it correctly. You got everything you wanted. Your opponent put himself all-in and was drawing to one card. Other than a hand where he was absolutely drawing dead, what better odds could you hope for?

I know it's difficult, but it is important to ignore the results when analyzing whether or not a hand was properly played. Just look at the long run. Suppose you were to play this hand 100 times and you could get your opponent to commit all his chips each time. Think how much you'd figure to win from him. And that's where the answer to whether or not you played correctly can be found.

Comment

thanks everyone for the replies

Comment

Working...
          X