PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing poker online vs Playing poker offline (face to face with someone)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing poker online vs Playing poker offline (face to face with someone)

I find that when I'm sitting behind a screen and playing online that I make better decisions, folds, raises, etc. but when I'm like playing against like a friend face to face for example, it feels like really different. What adjustments do I have to make transitioning from online poker to playing poker against a friend or anyone for that matter face to face? I have won the last 5 heads-up matches against my friend and have won 6 out of my 8 matches against him, and I have won 7 out of the last 10 heads-up matches that I've played.
    Last edited by passter; Fri Aug 22, 2014, 12:35 AM.
    Bracelet Winner

Is it because he is a better reader of "tells" or do you play different starting hands in the two formats?
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Loose passive players

I don't give any tells really. I think he's calling station (loose passive) so what I think I need to do is bluff less against him. With that being said, I think have push him around when I'm on the DB and make him pay to complete his straight or flush draws.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by passter View Post
        I don't give any tells really. I think he's calling station (loose passive) so what I think I need to do is bluff less against him. With that being said, I think have push him around when I'm on the DB and make him pay to complete his straight or flush draws.
        Playing against different villain types will give different results and the aim of a good player is to be able to read the opponents method of play and play accordingly.

Grade b
        I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.