PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

heads up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heads up

I have played in two heads up games here and one at another site, and have a question about how to play one. My main question is how much do the blinds matter, in the regards to betting? Is it like a multi or a sat. were a "standard" raise is 3xbb? Or do you through that out the window?

--Matt--

Re: heads up

Originally posted by 57sauce
    I have played in two heads up games here and one at another site, and have a question about how to play one. My main question is how much do the blinds matter, in the regards to betting? Is it like a multi or a sat. were a "standard" raise is 3xbb? Or do you through that out the window?

--Matt--
    Tough question :wink:

It depends on how big the blinds are. But, for sure, on the button you should be raising a lot. Sometimes just call with fair and even excellent hands to disguise your play, very occasionally just fold. Unless you mix up your play somewhat, while remaining generally aggressive, your opp will learn what you're up to. And that's probably the key ... keep them guessing while you are (hopefully) learning about their betting patterns.

FWIW, I'd say play a lot of satellites here, and experiment. PSO sats are a superb medium for learning short-handed NLHE play.

Best o'luck !

Glenn

Comment

Working...
    X