PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ratholing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratholing

I just read a post on the subject of ratholing. I have never heard this term and would appreciate someone breaking it down for me. Thanks

Generally, it is when you buy into a table short, double up and then leave the table with the doubled up stack. Often buying into another table short so they don't have to play deep.

There's some mathematics to it but short stacks can hold an advantage against deeper stacks based solely on their buy-in level.

This, I guess, is why stars moved to limit systematic ratholing.

Comment

RE: Ratholing

I quess I still don´t get it. I always thought sitting down and doubling up was what you want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by billnmex View Post
        I quess I still don´t get it. I always thought sitting down and doubling up was what you want to do.
        It is.

Its when you buy-in with a stack that is less than the 'normal' buy-in that the term ratholing comes into it. When you do it with a 100bb stack it tends to be called a 'hit and run'.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.