PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever folded Aces?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever folded Aces?

For joke? Or by mistake? Or you were afk? In anyway?

lol

I thought it will be fun to talk about it. (especially if someone has a story folding Aces on preflop :p)

sure

lots of times postflop

preflop a bunch of times by timeout or misclick

at least once deliberately preflop on the bubble of a setellite.

Comment

Preflop, only on a satellite bubble and also a league bubble. Postflop.. tons of times in every type of game.

John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Timebank-folded a few times when I lost my internet connection. It was agonising. (HEM stats look a bit weird with VPIP of 99.7% for AA).
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Too many times to count post flop. Haven't you?

I've never in in a bubble situation to fold AA pre but I have KK.

Comment

This guy was up over $100k and just wanted to ride out the rest of his hands, can't blame him as it's a lot of money, the game was also PL pre-flop and NL after. Check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHiEkikhDGU
            Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by crazyesdumno View Post
              This guy was up over $100k and just wanted to ride out the rest of his hands, can't blame him as it's a lot of money, the game was also PL pre-flop and NL after. Check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHiEkikhDGU
              That was in the Big Game, I watched it when it was broadcast. He said, even before it was dealt to him, that he would be folding all the rest of his hands even if he got AA. ( He was the loose cannon ) He was at the time the current leader in profit and was miles ahead of the other profit makers, and so was in line for the $50,000 Vegas package too. He only had a few hands remaining from the 150 total hands played in the series, so he would have been totally reckless to risk losing all that, when all he had to do was sit back and collect. umbup:
              Last edited by Bill Curran; Thu Feb 27, 2014, 05:18 AM.
              3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yeah, I watched that "The Big Game" episode also. It can still be watched at pokerstars.tv here:
                http://www.pokerstars.tv/channels/20...pisode-5.shtml

The thing is that with that format it would be really hard to get it in pre-flop. It's pot limit pre-flop to force the "loose cannon" to have to play post flop with the pros, and with him up so much in profit all he had to do was lose some blinds and antes to keep the money. They say in the episode that he was up "three times his yearly salary" in profit. I think he just should have not looked at the cards, lol.

I wonder if they will make any more episodes of that series. I enjoyed it.

Comment

Yes indeed. Usual happening is to have the red / black aces and the board comes up with three clubs / hearts, and the players who called your heavy pre flop bid are now pot betting. Other one I can remember is having the aces, three or four players call, and the board is a mid-range straight. (6 - 7 - 8 ) So far, it's been the right call, as I would have lost after the hands were revealed. Did the same in a live game. Heavy bet, guy calls. Queen-high flop. Guy goes all-in. I figured he had pocket queens. He shows and that's what he had. Fortunately, it being a social-poker club, they rabbit hunted the last two cards. Guy would have caught quads on the river.

So if somebody tells you they never folded aces, they lie or haven't played long enough.

Comment

I was making a snack and I returned just in time to see my aces folded, I felt so gross afterwards

Comment

Only folded once, I was at a final table in a SNG and there were three shoves in front of me, and even though I had 50% equity against them and it was a +EV call I felt that my edge was big enough to fold and let two players bust and then try to win. Only problem was that I would've won, noone got knocked out and I lost some weird hands after. Hmmmm.

Comment

Working...
                      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.