PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Days Ago I Briefly Met Liv Boeree

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Days Ago I Briefly Met Liv Boeree

I think I need to post this here to separate it from all my general ramblings.

Not a boast, not a brag. I don't follow poker celebs or anything. Hence the factual title. Just one of those times when a small player meets a big player for a few moments and is massively impressed by their generosity of spirit and courteousness, even in the midst of a pressure situation.

Back in the real world - it has taken five days for anyone (and yes I have been telling everybody) to be even slightly impressed that I met Liv Boeree - albeit very briefly. I just wanted someone to share it with - nobody in my circles was interested.

I was watching live as Liv came second in the UKIPT Edinburgh tourney. I am obviously a fan - but who doesn't like super intelligent successful young poker playing women - like Liv Boeree and Vicki Coren? I know I do. Lazily I watched the progress of most of the tourney online and didn't rock up at my local venue in The Assembly Rooms 'Music Hall' until the heads up finale. Liv and her mum were coming down the stairs into the foyer on a break and I cheekily asked for a photo of Liv. Her mum then insisted on taking one of us together. So I might post the first photo - but never the second.

Then I went to rail.

Having missed a big chance to win outright with KK v Ax where the opponent, all-in and covered, caught the ace, Liv was so almost there - but ended up beat not long after. I felt crushed. Liv reacted with real grace.

My twenty seconds meeting Liv, a couple of minutes talking to her mum, and watching for the first time the final stages of a live tourney between two serious players has already stuck in my mind and I think will be there evermore.

I am not a live player as yet - but I can see the attractions. Maybe in the future some old guy who looks uncannily like me will be there.

Ed
    Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Sat Jan 25, 2014, 03:58 AM.
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Great story. But why wait 'til you're an old guy?

Comment

yo Edin......did she ask about me......hiccup

Cheers
      Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
        Great story. But why wait 'til you're an old guy?
        That ship already sailed Joe.

Ed
        4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by effsea View Post

Cheers
          Sorry Effer no - but she did apologise when she burped.

Hiccup

Ed
          4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

lol....hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Cheers
              I lol'd

Comment

Originally posted by GarethC23 View Post
                I lol'd
                If I won as good a score as you did this weekend Gareth - I would also lol at pretty much anything effsea says. Big congrats on your TCOOP score - keep up the tourney play - watching your Sunday Mills - and come to play Live in Edinburgh next year - we need more strong players to grow this Live Tourney. umbup: Ed
                4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I'm impressed, remove the media hype and it's just a girl with her mum supporting her. Great for you to just engage in a quick chat, swap photos with people who are really the same as everyone else and getting on with their day. umbup: Intrigued about the photos (one you won't show?). Though I understand a kiss from Liv's mum made Daniel's hair stand on end.
                  Last edited by ForrestFive; Sat Jan 25, 2014, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
                    If I won as good a score as you did this weekend Gareth - I would also lol at pretty much anything effsea says. Big congrats on your TCOOP score - keep up the tourney play - watching your Sunday Mills - and come to play Live in Edinburgh next year - we need more strong players to grow this Live Tourney. umbup: Ed
                    I hope you mean laughing with me vs at me I hope

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ForrestFive View Post
                      I'm impressed, remove the media hype and it's just a girl with her mum supporting her. Great for you to just engage in a quick chat, swap photos with people who are really just the same as everyone else and getting on with their day. umbup: Intrigued about the photos (one you won't show?). Though I understand a kiss from Liv's mum made Daniel's hair stand on end.
                      Liv and her mum were great. I would show the photo of Liv, because she is obviously very photogenic. The one taken by her mum, of Liv stood next to a large hairy old man - nobody needs to see that. Except me. As for KidPoker 'Daniel Negreanu' - I was led to believe he was vegan.... Ed
                      4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I hope you mean laughing with me vs at me I hope
                        Laugh at what you say.

With you.

Never vs you.

Now eff off.

Ed
                        4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Liv at the break in Heads Up play - what an asset to the UK poker scene

A great player who has (rather than is) a great personality.

Ed
                          Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Sat Jan 25, 2014, 05:26 AM.
                          4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Here is a pic of the stage - set up ready for the final HU session

Ed
                            4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Moved...

Ed
                              Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Sat Jan 25, 2014, 06:06 PM.
                              4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.