PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cash tables- Often lose against short stack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash tables- Often lose against short stack

Ok!title say all,so why this happend?any reason?I start fold good hands when see short stack preparing to go all inn.Began to annoy me and I'm totally helpless.Its not only on holdem nl cash games,this happend often on draw tables,maybe they start better play when lose all chips before
    Double Bracelet Winner

*Moved to more appropriate forum* - Fadyen

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by miamia78 View Post
      Ok!title say all,so why this happend?any reason?I start fold good hands when see short stack preparing to go all inn.Began to annoy me and I'm totally helpless.Its not only on holdem nl cash games,this happend often on draw tables,maybe they start better play when lose all chips before
      I am trying to find some edge playing as a short stacker myself at regular cash tables. Don't know much about how to do it apart from observing my opponents and getting a few ideas. If I see you make a light call all-in pre flop 100bb deep, for example AT, KJ,.. against another player as deep as you then I am happy with AK playing off a 50bb stack because I assume my hand equity is stronger to take your money. Observe the 1/2 stacker you may see some tells. Maybe reluctance to respond when you 3bet them? Are they calling 3bets out of position? They have reduced odds to set mine their small pairs when getting shorter do you have 88+ to play them as a pair to the board. "Preparing" to go all in may be your perception? A good player will go for stacks with a good hand a bad player (you observe) will not have a clue how bad their hand is compared to yours. You can play your good hands and monster draws with confidence but don't go looking for a gut shot draw or hitting your AK if they jam or pot it on the flop. Playing short stack to me is a brave new world of small ball post flop play. Going all-in pre flop is specifically with reads on opponents. umbup:
      Last edited by ForrestFive; Tue Jan 21, 2014, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.