PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long to wait?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long to wait?

Heads up tonite in a Sat, my opponent got disconnected. How long would you wait? I figure half an hour was plenty of time, but it's not like I had to run off and do anything, I could have kept waiting and now I feel bad. What do most of you use as a guideline with this happens?

(And if you read this SeaQuest, sorry!)

5 min is plenty of time. They could have had a storm or lost there internet connection you could be waiting all night. Don't feel bad, you more then waited long enough 8O

Comment

Half an hour. Geez, screw that. Blinds would be as big as the stacks.

Comment

Some players have been known to wait all of 5-10 seconds. You went above and beyond what anyone would consider reasonable and fair. Shuffle up and deal the next game.

Comment

I agree with the folks above who say 5 min. It is just a Golden Rule thing. If I lose my connection for whatever reason it could take as much as 5 min to return. If it takes more than 5 min, the problem is much worse than losing a tourney.

Bill

Comment

I have always waited 10 mins, but concensus seems to be 5 mins, so 5 mins it is.
            it's a good idea to have an unwritten rule like this.
            also.........when would you say it applies.....100 players left clearly no............2 players left, clearly yes.
            up to now, i would say 5 ish players onwards, i make damn sure they are back before i play, what do you guys think?

Comment

Working...
            X