PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some advice please

it seems lately ive been getting a good dose of Ax usually a small kicker. Im just wondering when is a good time to play them and a good time to fold them. It seems to me at least i always get beat with the ace and small kicker

There is your answer (always getting beat with them). The time to play them is almost never. Occasionally on a steal - or playing back at someone who you put on a steal - maybe if they are suited in late position with multiple limpers in front of you. I know others play ace rag like they are going out of style but in my opinion it's a losing proposition and something I avoid unless the situation warrants playing them - if I am playing them however, I am usually aggressive with it preflop to disguise my hand.

Hazy

Comment

thank you hazy. i have been doing a lot better lately by not playing with that crap unless im stuck with it in the big blind or in certain situations. i used to always call them just to see the flop but it almost never fails that an ace flops and now i am stuck. i still have a hard time on reading people on the internet as most of the time it seems play crappy hands all the way though the end anyways so i get stuck calling to my death.

thank again

Comment

Re: some advice please

Originally posted by farnold2
        it seems lately ive been getting a good dose of Ax usually a small kicker. Im just wondering when is a good time to play them and a good time to fold them.
        A few Good times to play them that come to mind are:

When stealing the antes.
        When re-raising a suspected stealer.
        Shorthanded
        Shorthanded on shallow money, maybe for all you chips
        In certain all-in decisions, such as a desperate short stack goes all-in and you are in the BB getting decent odds. Or, when you raise on a steal, get re-raised all-in and are then getting the odds to call.

When shortstacked or at a shallow money table, and opening the pot, move all-in or fold depending on situation.

etc.

Comment

Im just wondering when is a good time to play them
          When they are both red, offsuit and your predetermined gameplan based on game theory has you raising any two red offsuit cards.

In other words almost never.

Comment

Working...
          X