PokerStars homepage
;
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$250 sponsorship points

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $250 sponsorship points

I have decided to award $250 in sponsorship points to the winning team in the team tournament. I will leave it up to the winning team to decide one of the following two options for the points.

1. Each member of the team receives 50 points

2. Once we have the winning team we have a 5 player satellite with a structure and game type to be decided and the winner of that event receives all 250 points.

I prefer option 2 because it will add one last twist to the event. And will make it easier to re-organize for the next one :P

Mark

no deals allowed in the final sat?

Comment

keep in mind I am making this up as I go..................

When we have the winning team, there will be a vote amongst the 5 members. A majority vote will win it. If it is decided to play a satellite for it then no deals will be allowed. It will be winner takes all.

Mark

Comment

I think this is great, but being that the team was what got them to 1st place I would think it more fair to split it 5 ways.

But I could be in the minority here.

Thanks for this Mark!

hazy

Comment

Thanks Mark, very generous.

I am leaning toward Hazy's opinion because of the team structure.

Randy

Comment

Great idea Mark, Thanks.

Win it as a team......loose as a team.

Just my 3 cnts. ( inflation, you know )

ranwel

Comment

Just give all the points to dreams for organizing the thing.

Love.

Comment

No, I want to tempt the team into playing against eachother at the end. I believe this will be very important.

Mark

Comment

The only problem I see with playing for the 250 sponsorship points is that a team member could win zero points during the team tournament thus not helping the team at all in winning the event, yet win the satellite and all of the 250 sponsorship points. But either way is fine with me. It does add a nice twist.

Comment

I agree with Geezer, Dreams deserves it!

Bob

Comment

There is no question about whether or not dreams deserves it but that is not the purpose of my offer.

Mark

Comment

Thank-you

It's a very generous offer Mark! I'll be interested to see what the winners do.

Comment

Mark,

You put up the doe,
                          You should call the show.

It all these poems and poemists that are showing up around the forurm. They are starting to have a weird affect. Don't ya think? or don't ya?

ranwel

Comment

It looks like I may be in the minority here, but I'd vote for the 5-way satellite to decide this. I too am a big fan of the team thing, but my concern is that you need 750 points to cash them in, and most of us may never get there due to the talent in the school. Because of that, I'd rather see one of my teammates get much closer with 250 points, than all 5 of us getting a little closer with 50.

But...I agree that the best solution is what Tina proposes....let that team decide.

Comment

i like the ideas of the winners playing a sat against each other, plus maybe the winner of that should have the option to play you heads up for doulbel or nothing>.

Rickey Hard Wrote: The only problem I see with playing for the 250 sponsorship points is that a team member could win zero points during the team tournament thus not helping the team at all in winning the event, yet win the satellite and all of the 250 sponsorship points.

I believe this is above and beyond what the winners already get, is this correct?

adam
                              aha12877
                              TEAM A :s: A :c:

ps did i do the quote thing right?

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.