PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Input wanted for presentation on poker.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input wanted for presentation on poker.

I'm doing a functional English evening course at the moment, and my class has to give indivual presentations on the subject of our choice.
    And given that my teacher remembers me for my interest in poker, I've decided that the subject of my presentation shall be 'Poker is a skill game'.

So I've got a foundation for my argument, but could use additional external input to see if I missed anything, and were better to get input on the on it than from here!

Any thoughts appreciated.
    'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

What have you got at the moment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by spand42 View Post
      What have you got at the moment?

Haven't got any thing written so far, but I plan on going through how you can use mathematics, psychology and memory to outplay other players, as well as what I've been thinking of as the 'hellmuth and the lottery' argument, that goes that you can overcome poker players to win 13 WSOP titles alone, but you can't overcome chance to become a 13 times national lottery winner.
      'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Comment

Variance might be an interesting topic to explore - any idiot can luck into a hot streak of winning.

But as you conduct more trials i.e. Play more tourneys or more ring game hands, the luck element becomes much less significant with some people being winning players and a lot being losers.

Contrast this with roulette or blackjack where everyone loses as more trials are conducted - although people can go on hot lucky streak at these games!

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.