PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A simple program?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A simple program?

Lately when playing, I have been folding up a little piece of paper and sticking on my screen to cover up my cards. I do not look at my cards until it is my turn to act and I do not look at my cards during play unless I have to.

Most of you will understnd why I am doing this, as I am trying to simulate live play as much as possible.

Question:

Would it be possible to create a 1.5x1.5 opague box that is
    1) Always on top
    2) Can be moved over your cards so that they can not be seen
    2) Clicking (hold button down) on it to become transparent so that the cards behind it can be seen, then hide the cards once the mouse button is released
    3) Resizable would be nice

Using a piece of paper is okay, but I am running out of double stick tape!

James G

James,

Try using Post-It notes. You can cut them down to proper size and use them over you cards. Then you just flip it up to see your cards.
    Been using this system for a while and it works ok.

Another one you might want to try is to cover the pot money, so you rely on just the chips in the pot for value. Helps with counting bet and pot money.

ran

Comment

Here is a simple work around for your post-its.
      In all versions of Windows since windows 95 you can find in the "games" folder a simple game called freecell. it is resizeable. Launch that game, resize it to your liking, and when you want to click a button on the PSO program just go ahead. If you just want to see your cards, click anywhere on a non-actvation area of the PSO window, e.g. the yellow area; this will put the freecell in the background. When you want the freecell back on top, select it's tab on the start bar.

Comment

Working...
      X